Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Gaietto 13 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 16:43
    Neil Gaietto

Can deleted doctypes and attached nodes be restored?

A doctype we used as a folder was accidently deleted. Apparently in the latest version of umbraco 7 that means it also deletes content of that doctype along with all the child content.

Is there any way to restore the doctype along with all the node content? There was a lot of content under this doctype that is now gone and I'd like to know if this can be fixed without a database restore.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 17:02
    Tim

If you delete a DocType, it will delete all of the content of that that type, as without the DocType, that content can't exist. Sadly, once you delete a DocType, it can only be restored via a database backup, same with the content, as it's permanently deleted when you remove the DocType (as you can't restore it without the DocType being there). As far as I'm aware that's always been the bahaviour when you delete a Document Type, it's not something that's new to v7.

If your SQL Server skills are sufficiently l33t, you may be able to restore the backup elsewhere and just pull in the bits you need to restore the content and the DocTypes back into your database, but I REALLY wouldn't recommend it unless you're very sure of what you're doing.

• Neil Gaietto 13 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 21:42
    Neil Gaietto

I was kind of hoping someone knew a sql script that could undelete doctypes. I wasn't sure if it was just a flag set to indicate that a doctype was deleted.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft