Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan 34 posts 138 karma points
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 14:07
    Ryan

404 Error when publishing (umbraco/backoffice)

Hi,

I'm currently developing an Umbraco application, and everything is working fine when testing it locally. Recently I published to IIS and have encountered a few problems, most of these I have been able to resolve, bar one. I have installed ArcheType and once again everything works as expected on my dev machine. Unfortunately once I publish and browse to the content page which uses this I got a whole host of 404 errors.

http://www.mytestwebsite.co.uk/umbraco/backoffice/ArchetypeApi/ArchetypeDataType/GetByGuid?guid=0cc0eba1-9960-42c9-bf9b-60e150b429ae&contentTypeAlias=HomePage&propertyTypeAlias=partners&archetypeAlias=name&nodeId=1067

The rest of the errors all originate from the /umbraco/backoffice/ArchetypeApi/ folder.This was a package I installed through nuget, not a package I installed on the server through the developer section.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 16:15
    Dan Lister

Hi Ryan,

I've not come across this issue before but my first guess would be that the Archetype assembly is missing after publishing to IIS. It might worth while checking that the Archetype assembly is present in your IIS Website's bin folder.

If it's not, are there any log message in your App_Data/Logs folder which look relevant to the issue? You could also try restarting your application to see if Umbraco picks up any Archetype Surface Controllers.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft