Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 21:11
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Create global document type for contact details

Hi,

What is the best way to hold the contact details of the company to show on different pages?

What I have so far:

I have a master document type which has a tab called Site settings. In this tab I have several contact properties like phone, address, ... Some of them are mandatory.

Then I have created a Home document type and a contact document type as children of the master document type.

When I go to the content and add my Home, as root node, I see this tab and I fill in the contact properties.

After that I create a sub node Contact under the Home node but it askes me to fill in again the mandatory properties.

How can I accomplish this so that I only have one place where I can set the Contact details?

On my template Master, Home and Contact I use the @Umbraco.Field("FieldName") to fill in the properties.

Thanks

/Michael

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 21:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Michael

What does your content structure look like? Does the "Home" document type act as the rootnode as well? If so I think you should place the "Contact" information on this document type only.

In your master template you can then use @Umbraco.Field("FieldName", recursive:true) to make sure that the info is rendered on child-nodes as well.

Hope this makes sense :)

/Jan

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 22:08
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Jan,

works like a charm, thanks!

/Michaël

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft