Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg 18 posts 38 karma points
    Jan 29, 2015 @ 15:21
    Greg

strategy for adding registered trademarks (with sup tags)

I have a problem and I'm trying to determine the best solution.

We have 2 phrases that need registered trademarks everywhere they are located. I can't rely on content editors to add the ® everywhere it is needed... and to drive the point home, forcing them to then add the proper sup tags is even more a problem. Oh... also is the issue that these phrases appear in text strings... not just in rich text.

Option 1 - I could come up with a really ugly and inefficient javascript to search for the phrases and add the character and tags. I will do this if I have too... but literally this needs to be done once... when a user clicks save. For every client to have to run this is wasteful and also exposes us to missing trademark symbols in search engine results.

Option 2 (Preferred) - Something in Umbraco... not sure what! Any ideas? Surely this problem must have been addressed already. Is there an on save & publish hook?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 29, 2015 @ 15:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Greg

Perhaps you can hook into the save event and look for the term where it needs to be added? You can see a list of possible events to hook into here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Events-v6/ContentTypeService-Events

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft