Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick Bregman 10 posts 67 karma points
    Jan 30, 2015 @ 12:05
    Patrick Bregman

Preview not working in Umbraco 7.1.4 - JSON error

Hi all,

We're working on a new Umbraco site with version 7.1.4. Locally, everything works just fine. But on the test environment we can't get the preview function to work. It does a POST to /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave followed by a GET of /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Entity/GetAncestors.So far, so good. Everything looks fine. Except that all the JSON responses are prefixed with some "garbage", namely )]}',.

Where do I start with finding a solution for this?

Not sure which information is needed to help, but this should be a nice start I guess:

Umbraco version: 7.1.4
    .NET version: 4.5.1
    IIS version: 7.5
    Installed packages: Cultiv.DynamicRobots, CultivSearchEngineSitemap, Robots.txt Editor
  • Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2015 @ 14:59
    Dan Lister

Hi Patrick,

Do you have any configuration in web.config which will redirect/rewrite the response of 500 or 404 errors? I had a similar issue where I added configuration to handle all 404 and 500 responses by serving a static page instead of the response's body.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dan.

• Patrick Bregman 10 posts 67 karma points
    Jan 30, 2015 @ 16:01
    Patrick Bregman

Hi Dan,

I tried that, but it doesn't solve it for me... I did try an update of JSON.Net from 6.0.2 to 6.0.8, but that didn't anything either (as expected, to be honest...).

Regards,
    Patrick

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft