Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephanie Nicolaou 33 posts 91 karma points
    Jan 30, 2015 @ 21:38
    Stephanie Nicolaou

Custom input from CMS to site

Hi all,

I'm new to Umbraco so I haven't yet learned the terminology or functions so I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

So far I've created a custom section and a custom tree navigation as I would like it to be possible for users to enter information such as telephone numbers, logos and email addresses, to then be parsed to the site header / footer so that this type of data can be easily changed by content editors.

Could you please inform me of where I would start after the submit button is clicked, such as what Umbraco functions I would use, such as '@Render...', etc. or how I would use global variables in Umbraco?

Regards,

Steph

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jan 31, 2015 @ 08:56
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Steph,

I think you over architected this requirement. I would suggest you check out the free getting started with Umbraco videos first http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/

Best,

Richard

• Stephanie Nicolaou 33 posts 91 karma points
    Feb 02, 2015 @ 17:03
    Stephanie Nicolaou

Hi Richard,

I've created a new section as I want to separate the page content from the theme content, so I think I need to recreate something like the generic property editor in order to insert custom umbraco page fields, or just be able to insert page fields based on what is entered in a custom cms edit page. Do you know whether this is possible and where I can find a tutorial for this? I don't think this is included within the implementer guides.

Regards,

Steph

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft