Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SlothMonkey 17 posts 56 karma points
    Feb 02, 2015 @ 17:06
    SlothMonkey

No longer able to sign in as Admin

For some reason I am no longer able to log into my admin for my umbraco site in spite of being able to get into it this morning. For some reason, umbraco do not have the ability to let you reset the password in the log in screen.

I've check my database and the password stored in my SQL Database in encrypted and I've no means to decrypt it.

Does anyone know of a way I can reset my admin pass?

So far I've tried refreshing my app pool and things like that, but I'm now at a loss as to what to do. I've also tried to create a new password using the following website found here and discovered that the hash code it generates, matches perfectly with the one found in my SQL database.

But I am still unable to sign in as an admin to my website.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 02, 2015 @ 19:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi SlothMonkey

Are you by any chance on a VPN connection? I've had issues with this as well. But only when I'm logged onto a VPN connection.

Have you tried doing a restart of your machine?

If that does not work then please see this post http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/4790-ouch-forgot-admin-password-how-to-reset - There are some different ways of doing a reset, which will make it possible for you to login again and then you can change the password once again afterwards.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft