Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zack 5 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 05:16
    Zack

New to Umbraco 7: Debugging is using a stale version of the SQL database

I am new to Umbraco 7 and recently created a MVC5 C# project with Umbraco 7 installed via Nuget. When I set up the SQL server, through the setup process, I set up a connection to a SQL database living on the hosting service I pay for.

I have made changes through the live site, but for some reason, when I am running the web app locally, I get a 404 error on the pages I created via the live site. I have also noticed that my local project only seems to have the content from before the time I started making changes on the live site. This is making it really difficult because I can't test my views for my new pages I have created on the site. 

I have checked my Web.config and the connection string says it is pointing to that external database, and when I refresh my server explorer, I still run into the same issue. 

Is Umbraco using some cached version that I need to update manually? or am I actually not connected to the database I think I'm connected to?

Thanks for any help in this matter!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 05:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zack

If you're using the same database for your dev environment as you're using on your live environment then you need to go to the "Content" section in Umbraco and then right click on the "CONENT" node and choose "Republish entire site" - This will update the /App_Data/umbraco.config file, which is the XML cache that stores the content.

Once you have done that you should be able to see the pages locally as well. You need to do this each time you make a content change on one of the environments and you want to be able to see those changes on the other site.

It needs to be done since the file lives in both environments.

Hope this makes sense and hope i helps as well.

/Jan

Feb 04, 2015 @ 05:37
    Zack

Thank you! That makes perfect sense!

Feb 04, 2015 @ 08:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zack

Good - Let us know if it works for you :)

/Jan

Feb 04, 2015 @ 08:54
    Zack

Yes it did!

Feb 04, 2015 @ 10:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zack

Happy to hear that - Please mark the issue as solved so others can go straight to the solution if they should come across the same issue :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft