Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Efe 12 posts 43 karma points
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 10:46
    Efe

Umbraco 7 with child web-api application, unable to access CMS

Morning all,
    With umbraco 6. I've been able to add child applications under an Umbraoc install. The inheritance of the parent web config details has been prevented by wrapping <system.web>, <system.webserver>  and <system.web.webPages.razor>  with the <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false" > element.

I've applied the same principles to an Umbraco 7.2.1 install framework 4.5 (IIS 7). Wrapping the <system.web>, <system.webserver> with the <location> element. The child application is a web-api project framework 4.5.

The Umbraco site works, the child application works. When I access the CMS, I get the folowing error:

HTTP Error 500.22 - Internal Server Error

An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.

It mentions several steps to try. The http modules section is in <system.web> and <system.webserver>. The validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration attribute is set to false.

Has anybody come across this before? Is this the correct way to allow a child application to exist under an Umbraco application?

Thanks in advance

• Efe 12 posts 43 karma points
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 15:20
    Efe

I've fixed this issue. The solution is to comment out the content of <httpModules> section in <system.web>. The same modules are mapped in the <system.webserver> section.

• David Chen 1 post 48 karma points
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 19:51
    David Chen

Hi,

I just wanted to get on the record here and say that I've spent a ton of time on this.

Instead of removing the <httpModules> section, move the <validation> tag out of the <location> and in to the more-global space (probably <configuration>).

<system.webServer>
        <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
      </system.webServer>

<location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">
     <system.web></system.web>
    <system.webServer></system.webServer>   </location>
  • Steve 140 posts 321 karma points
    Sep 29, 2016 @ 01:34
    Steve

Worked perfectly for our current project. Thanks David.

• cole young 20 posts 41 karma points
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 21:29
    cole young

David,

Thanks for your answer.  It worked perfect.  I just upgraded 7.1.4 to 7.2.4 and my applications running in folders worked, along with the site, but the umbraco backend gave the above error.  If i had enough karma i would have up-voted your solution instead of making this reply.

Well done, and thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 22:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Cole

If the answer David provided fixed the issue you had you can mark his post as the solution so others who come across this can jump straight to the solution and benefit as well. The solution checkmark is somewhere around the avatar - This does not require a certain amount of karma :)

/Jan

• cole young 20 posts 41 karma points
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 22:40
    cole young

Hi Jan

I was not the original poster, and i assume that is why i don't have anything to click on to mark that reply as the answer.  Or, as my wife always tells me, i'm just not looking hard enough...

Cole

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 22:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Cole

Aaah, sorry! You're absolutely right about that - Silly me :)

Well I High fived David for his answer at least - Hopefully the karma limit will be removed once these forums are relaunched.

/Jan

• Vijay 26 posts 127 karma points
    Apr 25, 2018 @ 13:56
    Vijay

Hi @David, Sub application working fine after added the webconfig changes but, now Main application ajax functionality is not working, its showing 500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

https://example.com/umbraco/Surface/Home/CheckUserAvailability?userName=RobertNelson&[email protected]

• Aubrey Xaba 9 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 20, 2022 @ 10:20
    Aubrey Xaba

Good day,

I am also experiencing the same issue but on my side it does not give a any error massage, It just returns a blank browser page,

When I go check my last Log in to Umbraco it shows the field that I have Logged in but the issue it does not show anything on the browser

Please kindly assist,

Kind regards

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft