Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Faisal Mushtaq 19 posts 118 karma points
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 12:13
    Faisal Mushtaq

Populating dropdownList using Umbraco 7. (Dropdown values through Content)

Hi, I am new to Umbraco, Pardon me for this basic question.

First,I want a dropdown on my Page and values of dropDown should be update able(add/remove) from Content section some how. I am trying this like putting a razor dropdown control in Template for particular page. Now, How to make this dropdown values updateable by admin(From Content Section Obviously).

Secondly, Also I want to perform some functionality on "DropDown Onchange Event". Should I do this in the same way we used to achieve in conventional way like a javascipt function on "OnChange event" ?

Note: On Forum, People have described to put a property in Document Type and type should be Dropdown. But this way we can add values only in developer -> datatypes section but not in Content section(Admin has to play only with content section). Also after this, this dropdown is available on Content Page but not viewable on actual published Page. For what purpose this dropdown is? And how to use it in right way?

Concludingly, How to achieve above functionality of populating dropdown values by updating from Content Section ? And Am I on right way to achieve this ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft