Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 21:37
    Matthew Kirschner

Umbraco server error on second node when invoking Umbraco.Media

I have an Umbraco site running 7.2.1 on 2 load balanced nodes sharing a file system on another server. Everything works well on my local machine and the first node. The second node, which should be identical to the first, has an issue whenever a view is invoking Umbraco.Media. The error points to the line with the Umbraco.Media call and says it's an IOException: An unexpected error occurred. This isn't terribly verbose and I'm not getting much out of the stack trace (included below).

Do anyone have any ideas or suggestiong for how to debug. Again, this only happens on the second server. All other pages (and the backoffice) work fine on this server except any pages with views that call Umbraco.Media.

var imageUrl = Umbraco.Media(il.GetValue<int>("image")).Url;
    [IOException: An unexpected network error occurred.
    ]
       System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +13946604
       System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) +14354977
       System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count) +247
       Lucene.Net.Store.SimpleFSIndexInput.ReadInternal(Byte[] b, Int32 offset, Int32 len) +250
       Lucene.Net.Store.BufferedIndexInput.Refill() +151
       Lucene.Net.Store.BufferedIndexInput.ReadByte() +26
       Lucene.Net.Store.IndexInput.ReadVInt() +23
       Lucene.Net.Index.FieldsReader.Doc(Int32 n, FieldSelector fieldSelector) +158
       Examine.LuceneEngine.SearchResults.CreateFromDocumentItem(Int32 i) +53
       Examine.LuceneEngine.<Skip>d__1.MoveNext() +144
       System.Linq.Enumerable.Any(IEnumerable`1 source) +109
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.GetUmbracoMedia(Int32 id) +255
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.ContextualPublishedCache`1.GetById(Boolean preview, Int32 contentId) +41
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentQuery.DocumentById(Int32 id, ContextualPublishedCache cache, Object ifNotFound) +50
       ASP._Page_Views_Partials_Archetype_imageLink_cshtml.Execute() in \\ad.magnet.fsu.edu\dev-dfs$\Sites\Test\ResearchFeeder\Views\Partials\Archetype\ImageLink.cshtml:11
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +280
       System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +125
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +196
       Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +140
       System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) +147
       ASP._Page_Views_Partials_Archetype_Column_cshtml.Execute() in \\ad.magnet.fsu.edu\dev-dfs$\Sites\Test\ResearchFeeder\Views\Partials\Archetype\Column.cshtml:15
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +196
       Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +140
       System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) +147
       ASP._Page_Views_Partials_Archetype_columns_cshtml.Execute() in \\ad.magnet.fsu.edu\dev-dfs$\Sites\Test\ResearchFeeder\Views\Partials\Archetype\Columns.cshtml:17
       ASP._Page_Views_Partials_PageBuilder_cshtml.Execute() in \\ad.magnet.fsu.edu\dev-dfs$\Sites\Test\ResearchFeeder\Views\Partials\PageBuilder.cshtml:10
       ASP._Page_Views_DefaultPage_cshtml.Execute() in \\ad.magnet.fsu.edu\dev-dfs$\Sites\Test\ResearchFeeder\Views\DefaultPage.cshtml:159
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +181
       System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +380
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__17() +33
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +613
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +613
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +263
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +240
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

Feb 04, 2015 @ 21:52
    Matthew Kirschner

One more issue comes to mind: searching content nodes in the backoffice is also broken on the second server node. Errors popup when typing in the search box that say "Failed to retrieve entity data for query". Checking the logs and I don't see any mention of this error.

I am aware of the load balancing guide, but haven't made any updates to the server nor Umbraco since I don't have full control over my servers. I showed the guide to one of our server administrators and he mentioned that majority of the document didn't apply to use since we're not on a tradition load balanced setup (ie, a software load balancer with VMs and central file system, and not a hardware one). I think there's something we're missing and am going pour over that documentation for any details relevant to our setup.

I am hoping that errors I've detailed might ring a bell in someones else's head that could point towards proper server/Umbraco settings.

Feb 04, 2015 @ 23:50
    Matthew Kirschner

It would seem that this issue was fixed with a simple server restart : /

I'm going to leave this thread unsolved until tomorrow, when we've done some heavy testing on both nodes and can prove that they are reliable.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft