Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Gordon 7 posts 36 karma points
    Feb 05, 2015 @ 11:32
    Kim Gordon

Stopping Umbraco/Angularjs cache

Im developing a lot of Umbraco sites and since Umbraco 7 came along with Angularjs backend I have been doing a lot of backend extensions and custom properties :). I really like angularjs and Umbracos approach to it, but Im having one problem over and over, the hardcore cache. Everything is cached all the time. I can clear my cache and and use hardreload, so it is not so much of a problem for me, but it is for my users.

I have been thinking about throwing something like this:

$templateCache.removeAll(); 

In the login controller, so the cache is removed for users everytime they log in, but I dont know if this is the correct solution or if there is a better one?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 05, 2015 @ 11:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kim

Have you also made sure to set debug to false in the web.config file? This prevent ClientDependency from caching the backoffice files.

/Jan

Feb 05, 2015 @ 12:04
    Kim Gordon

I was under the impression that the debug should be set to true to disable the cache?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 05, 2015 @ 12:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kim

Yup, you're absolutely right :) Was also what I meant but I got it switched around. Sorry 'bout that.

/Jan

Feb 05, 2015 @ 16:32
    Kim Gordon

Hi Jan,

Debug is set to true, but I do not have the feeling that it is disabling the cache :(

• Pavel Budik 12 posts 71 karma points c-trib
    Jul 07, 2015 @ 15:33
    Pavel Budik

Hi,

when debug=true, only cache for CSS and JS files gets busted. For html views, there is no cache buster OOTB. I tried to overcome it like this: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/60927-Force-plugin-views-to-be-cleared-from-cache. See if it works for you.

Pavel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft