Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Feb 06, 2015 @ 22:19
    Mark

Grid Layout - cell editors overlapped by "cell-tools" in content section

Umbraco: 7.2.1, using Chrome (40.0.2214.94 m)

Having added the standard richtext editor to a cell in a 6x6 row, I find that the .cell-tools div overlaps a large part of the r.h.s. of the editor, causing issues with the text selection.

The width of the .cell-tools div is set to 150px inside  the ".usky-grid .cell-tools" rule of umbraco.css. Reducing this to around 40px allows access to the rte. (also reducing the right-margin of the ".usky-grid .usky-control-inner" rule to 40px meant it was easier to get to the right edge of the editor content).

Does anyone see any issues with updating the style declarations inside this umbraco.css file?

Thanks

• Robert Mulder 79 posts 272 karma points c-trib
    Feb 07, 2015 @ 15:55
    Robert Mulder

I'm running into this exact same issue. I changed it to 45px though, but the idea is the same.

Feb 07, 2015 @ 16:36
    Mark

Hi Robert,

I noticed that I've introduce an issue in doing this. When you click the Delete icon, an "are you sure" message pops up, which is now squashed due to the reduced width. I'm sure a little css update can fix it. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Just thought I'd let you know.

Feb 08, 2015 @ 12:01
    Mark

In addition to this issue. Another problem, is when you click the "Delete" icon, it says "Are you sure?" with a "yes" link. But there is not a "no" link. So, when you click the "Delete" button, the "Are you sure?" link stays there until you click "yes" or otherwise reload the page in the browser. Any chance the issues in this post will be looked into by the person(s) responsible for the grid?

I assume it would be easy enough to add a "no" link...

Feb 09, 2015 @ 11:10
    Robert Mulder

Hi mark, as for the squashed delete message, the fix I applied was simple, just add the following to selector:

.usky-grid .iconBox

add:

white-space: nowrap;

As for the second issue you mention, you're right, I've also missed the delete button. It should be simple enough to add

<a href="" style="text-decoration: underline" ng-click="deletePrompt=false;"><localize key="general_no">No</localize></a>

Right next to the 'yes' href.

Feb 09, 2015 @ 18:14
    Mark

Hi Robert,

Your squashed delete message fix worked nicely. Thanks.

Unfortunately the "No" link didn't work. It displayed fine (I had to add it to two places in the \umbraco\Views\propertyeditors\grid\grid.html file), but clicking the "No" link didn't do anything. I'm totally new to AngularJS so not sure what the answer would be here. Any thoughts?

Feb 09, 2015 @ 18:35
    Robert Mulder

I didn't have time to check the no link solution, I'll check it once I'm near a pc again.

Feb 09, 2015 @ 20:28
    Robert Mulder

Hey Mark,

I've checked into the issue and you are right, the solution I initially provided wo'nt work. The thing is that the delete message should just disappear by itself (as it does on that message on the row level) so clearly there is an issue there.

To fix this issue, you must do the following:

1. Search for deletePrompt in the grid.html file you mentioned (there should be 2 groups of 3 occurrances)
    2. Go to the second group, the column level tools
    3. Slightly above the three mentions of deletePrompt there is an ng-show attribute with value 'control && (currentControl == control)' (in my file it's on line 124, but it may vary for different Umbraco versions I suppose)
    4. Change ng-show to ng-if
    5. Magic!
    Feb 09, 2015 @ 23:57
    Mark

You are a clearly one of the wizards of this dark and mysterious world, Robert. Many thanks!

For anyone else reading this post, only the column level tools need to be updated to have the "No" link, because "Are you sure" in the row level tools already hides itself away nicely.

Feb 10, 2015 @ 00:00
    Robert Mulder

Well like I said, if you change the ng-show to ng-if, the column level editors also hide themselves away just like the row level editor does.

I do believe however that the next Umbraco version will have the 'No' button, so I guess if your situation allows it you could upgrade when the next version comes.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft