Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Feb 07, 2015 @ 06:37
    Rohan

how to allow user to enter HTML markup in umbraco CMS

Hi

I am working on one website using Umbraco 7.1.6.

I have one page Privacy Policy. I have defined the Document Type / Template etc in Umbraco "Settings". I have defined full HTML markup/ design with all the (text content) which to display on webpage under "Settings -> Template". So all the text which apper on webpage is defined in the TEMPLATE.

Now on the Umbraco CMS content, i am able to add 'Privacy Policy' node. So when i browse through URL i can see the page.

Now the User requirement changed. User wants that they should be able to enter the Webpage text Content with <html> tags on CMS Content side. User don't know how to edit the template in "Settings -> Template".

So how to achieve this requirement ? What properties i need to define on 'Privacy Policy' document type under "Settings -> Document Type"

Does Umbraco allow this functionality to add HTML etc on CMS content which appear on website ?

Thanks in advance !

Rohan Dave

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 07, 2015 @ 06:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rohan

You can enter HTML in the Textbox multiple property editor and render it where you like without any issues.

You can also allow for custom HTML markup in the rich text editor but it's not always ideal and even though the tidy stuff is disabled by default (If enabled it cleans the content in the RTE so it only outputs allowed and valid elements) it can still act up in some scenarios I think.

But in general it's a bad idea to allow editors to add / edit HTML and templates. But they should not have access to the settings section under any circumstances so perhaps using the Textbox multiple property is the best way forward? Or perhaps using a markdown editor? In the package section you should be able to find "Simple Markdown" done by HQ member Rune.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft