Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 12:50
    Chris

Customize Work flow - Umbraco 7.2 Forms (not contour)

Hi guys,

I'm using the new form feature in umbraco 7.2 and have a few forms set up, all working. I can see the enteries in the back office.

What I now want to do is set up a work flow that sends an email when the form is submitted, but I want to send the content of the form in the email, but I don't want to send everything thats is in the email only some of the fields.

Any ideas? 

• Chris 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 13:00
    Chris

Also, where in umbraco should I set the SMTP settings so that the web application can actually send emails.

Thanks

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 13:25
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Chris

You should set the SMTP settings in your web.config file. Try to see if you can find this section in your web.config.

Like this

<system.net>
        <mailSettings>
          <smtp from="mail@localhost">
            <network host="localhost" userName="username" password="password" />
          </smtp>
        </mailSettings>
      </system.net>

Further you need to set the mail in the umbracoSettings.config, you will find it in the file structure. /Config/umbracoSettings.config

<notifications>
          <!-- the email that should be used as from mail when umbraco sends a notification -->
          <email>[email protected]</email>
        </notifications>

For Customize Work flow - Umbraco 7.2 Forms try to take a look at the documentation https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Products/UmbracoForms/ and this https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Products/UmbracoForms/Developer/Extending/Adding-a-Workflowtype

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Ayo Adesina 445 posts 1058 karma points
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 15:17
    Ayo Adesina

PERFECT! This is exactly what I needed, Thanks Dennis.

• Ayo Adesina 445 posts 1058 karma points
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 15:40
    Ayo Adesina

@Dennis

How sure are you this is the right place to override to send an email...

I have got everything working now, I just need to remove some data from the form data that gets sent in the email.

Ideas?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 15:56
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ayo,

If you need to customize the email that you get when you submit the form, then you need to use the Send xslt transformed email workflow. https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/products/umbracoforms/Editor/Attaching-Workflows/#Sendxslttransformedemail. You can find the XSLT that is use for this in /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/XsltsendXsltEmailSample.xslt in your file structure for your Umbraco installation.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft