Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy Felton 185 posts 484 karma points c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 13:13
    Andy Felton

.Children retrieving deleted nodes

Hi,

I'm using Umbraco 7.1.4 and have spotted an issue where the following lines are returning deleted items:

String exclusionString = "umbracoNaviHide != true && DocumentTypeAlias!=\"NewsItem\" && DocumentTypeAlias!=\"EventItem\" && DocumentTypeAlias!=\"Photo\" && DocumentTypeAlias!=\"JobDetail\" && DocumentTypeAlias!=\"JobApplication\"";
    dynamic node = CurrentPage.AncestorOrSelf(2).Children.Where(exclusionString);

The particular item is deleted completly (IE from Recycle bin as well). I had assumed it was cached somehow so have republished all or pages from the Homepage down and recycled the App pool.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Regards

Andy

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 14:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy

Did you try to update the xml cache by right clicking the "CONTENT" root node in Umbraco and choose "Republish entire site"?

This updates the /App_Data/umbraco.config cache - If you can see the deleted nodes in here then the above is what you need to do.

And no, publishing the pages individually or bulk is not the same thing :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 10, 2015 @ 16:19
    Andy Felton

Hi Jan,

Thanks for that you were correct the line was in the /App_Data/umbraco.config cache and "Republish entire site" fixed the issue initially. What I then saw happen was the entry reappeared. Or setup is 3 web servers behind a load balancer with a single file share (were the site and cache sits) and database. 

What causes this file to be rewritten and does it get data from anywhere else but the database?

Thanks,

Andy

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 16:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy

Hmm...I'm not sure about things when it comes to a load balanced setup...does the node exists on the other 2 servers for some weird reason? It should be deleted when it's deleted on one of the servers...the cache should be generated from the database so once the nodes are gone they should not re-appear...

Not quite sure what to look for in this scenario...Did you republish the entire site on all of the servers or is it just on the one instance it keeps re-appearing? And do you have some automatic jobs or integrations that could be the source maybe?

/Jan

Feb 10, 2015 @ 16:49
    Andy Felton

Hi Jan,

The node as far as I can tell has gone from the database and all 3 servers are looking at the same database. We'll only have a single copy of the cache which will live on or fileshare/SAN.

I republished the content from one of the servers, what I can't tell at the moment is whether it's one of the other servers which regenerates it incorrectly. When I get a chance I'll stop the Application on 2 of the servers to see if the issue disappears. We have no automatic jobs or integrations so that shouldn't be the issue.

Andy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft