Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Beckert 193 posts 469 karma points
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 11:51
    Thomas Beckert

Forms - Tab order input field

Hi,

is there a way where I can determine the tab-order of the input fields?
    Didn't find anything in the configurator.

Best regards -

Tom

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 11:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

I believe you should be able to simply just drag and drop the input fields when creating the form so you can easily re-arrange the placement of them? At least that's how it used to work in Contour so I think it should be possible with forms as well.

/Jan

• Thomas Beckert 193 posts 469 karma points
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 11:58
    Thomas Beckert

Hi, 

I'm using the new grid system. I first put my inputfield in the first cell, then in the second. Now I noticed, with tabing, I first go through the input fields in the first cell, then in the second and so and, but I want them to go through the inputfield in the first row, then in the second and so on.

I guess I could delete all and add it again in a different order, but this would mean all work again. So if I could manually determine the order would be great. :)

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 16:03
    Matthew Kirschner

From what I can tell in Umbraco 7.2.1 Forms, the row and column fields are not well implemented. Once you add columns, you lose the ability to add rows outside individual columns. Even if you were to fix the tab order to go by row instead of down each column, once the responsive framework kicks in on narrow screens the columns will stack and users will see your fields out of order.

I've resorted to just not using columns and rows.

• Domenic 42 posts 128 karma points
    Jun 22, 2017 @ 18:38
    Domenic

Hi,

Sorry to revive an old post but has anyone found a solution for this? Thanks.

Dom

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Jun 22, 2017 @ 18:44
    Matthew Kirschner

I don't believe there is a solution with the current grid framework.

My recommendation is to update your workflow when creating forms. For every new row, create a new group. You lose out on properly grouped fieldset and legends, but it makes the form more maintainable in the backoffice.

• Domenic 42 posts 128 karma points
    Jun 22, 2017 @ 19:02
    Domenic

Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft