Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 12:52
    Martin Griffiths

Upgrading 6.x ultimate pickers to v7 equivalent

Is there a way to make the MNTP to behave more like a standard listbox (NOT dropdown list), like with the Ultimate pickers in v6? It's the main sticking point for me when moving our corp site to v7. I've looked at nuPickers and i'm concerned development will slow/will halt and effectively boot me off the upgrade path....I've been stung like this in the past! Also I wasn't happy with the list options in nuPickers, great for short lists, terrible for really long ones!

Thanks in advance

Martin

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 12:59
    Hendy Racher

Hi Martin,

There are a couple of options for the PrefetchListPicker in nuPickers that could help with really long lists:

• setting the 'List Height' - this will add a scrollbar when required
    • enabling the 'Enable Filtering' - this will add a textbox above the list that can be used to filter down the options rendered

There is also the TypeaheadListPicker which is suitable for vast quantities of options to pick from.

HTH,

Hendy

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 13:03
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Hendy

Ahh, I didnt realise this was possible. What about preservation of existing data? When I switch the datatypes over, will I lose it? I have so far been able to preserve data when upgrading all of the various versions of the MNTP (uComponents MNTP too) from u4 up.

I'm still concerned i'll hit a roadblock if the nuPickers aren't kept up to date with version bumps of Umbraco 7.

M. 

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 13:11
    Hendy Racher

Hi Martin,

Your data should be safe; changing the datatype configuration options of a picker will not alter any saved data (well not until a node is re-saved).

Hendy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft