Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert 63 posts 282 karma points
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 12:19
    Robert

Disable items to create by client

Hi,

Under the Home section in Umbraco 7 i've disabled the most items for the client to create. But when the client clicks on the 3 dots behinds CONTENT they can create everything again...

How can i disable those items also for the CONTENT section?

Kind regards, Robert

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 12:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Robert

Could you show a screendump illustrating this issue? And what exact version of Umbraco are you using?

/Jan

Feb 12, 2015 @ 12:34
    Robert

Hi Jan,

Yes of course:

I use version: 7.2.0

Home Section

Content Section

Feb 13, 2015 @ 12:18
    Robert

So if you click on the 3 dots behind the Home, you can only create an Text Page (like it should be). But when you click on the 3 dots behind Content you can create all the types that are in the website...

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 12:38
    Fergus Davidson

on the documentType, on the structure tab, there is a check box 'Allow at root'

if this is left unchecked for all document types, you can create everything at the root, but if checked on one or more document types, say the homepage, only those will be create-able.

[i believe]

Feb 13, 2015 @ 12:41
    Robert

All the document types have the checkbox Allow at root unchecked, that was my first thought also. That's why it's so weird that the client will be able to create anything.

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 12:55
    Fergus Davidson

as i say, if they are all unchecked, everything is creatable, ticking one to be allowed at the root rules out all the others.

so essentially, you can either have all or a selection of checked ones, but you can't have none.

Feb 13, 2015 @ 13:10
    Robert

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding, you're right :) I only checked the Text Page to allow at root, now it's okay! :D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft