Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gus Braz 14 posts 38 karma points
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 01:21
    Gus Braz

Umbraco Forms Entries Disappearing in the Backoffice

Hi guys,

I have bought UmbracoForms.Package.4.0.1 which I'm using with Umbraco 7.2.1 for a big charity website for children with rare diseases.

In the Umbraco Backoffice I has happended a few times that all Entries of all Forms disappeared. I can see in the database that the records are still there in the table UFRecords.

Could that be caused when I Rebuild my Visual Studio solution?

Please advise.  

Thanks,

Gus

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 05:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gus and welcome to our :)

I suppose it could - It depends how your Umbraco setup is and what custom code you're doing...when you build what kind of custom code are you doing? Are you using the Umbraco API to create content etc. and could it interfere with the forms module?

Do you see anything related to the issue in the /App_Data/Logs file? Anything marked with "ERROR" or "WARNING"?

/Jan

Feb 16, 2015 @ 00:16
    Gus Braz

Hi Jan,

I am using UmbracoForms.Package.4.0.1 which I'm using with Umbraco 7.2.1 with no custom code.

Also, the table UFForms has only the reference of 2 forms but I have 6 forms on the backoffice.

I have found two exceptions throughout my Umbraco Log File:

EXCEPTION 1:

2015-02-16 00:00:47,671 [8] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.KeepAlive - [Thread 9] Error in ping

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 125.7.66.25:80

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.KeepAlive.Start(ApplicationContext appContext, IUmbracoSettingsSection settings)

EXCEPTION 2:

2015-02-15 23:56:47,796 [8] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [Thread 36] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 125.7.66.25:80

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)

at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)

at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.Run()

A bit of extra info:

The behaviour is that all records of all forms disappear from the Umbraco Backoffice on the next day (overnight here in Australia which is during the day in Europe).

I have installed the Umbraco Forms on my Local, pushed into my Build Server via GIT (the Build Server ignores the Umbraco packages when building the Visual Studio solution and deploying my dev site. My Build Server just copies the installed packages across to my dev site. I then did not have to reinstall Umbraco Forms again on my dev site. From there I have the following observations:

1. In both my local and dev sites the prompt to Install Umbraco Forms still appears when I click on "Forms" in the side nav of the Umbraco Back Office. (screenshot attached)
    2. In my local, each time I install Umbraco Forms (by clicking on the Install prompt referred above):
    - The ClientDependency.config file updates the version tag with a new number 
    - The installedPackages.config file adds another entry of the install  on top of the previous entry (attached).

The BuiId Server needs to ignore the "Umbraco.Forms" dll files. If not I would then have to re-install Forms on my dev site each time the Build Server runs (when changes are pushed into the GIT repository).

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gus

Feb 17, 2015 @ 02:20
    Gus Braz

This issue has been resolved.

What happened is that when the Forms Entries were being loaded in the Backoffice the datepicker was defaulting to the current date. So that is why the previous form entries were not being displayed.

As for the exceptions I suspect that this will be an issue until the website goes live, am I correct?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gus

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft