Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Strong 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 14:41
    Michael Strong

Editing user is continually logged out

I have used Umbraco to develop a site for a client who is continually logged out when she edits pages. This happens on PC and Mac, FF and Chrome.

I have checked the server time and it is correct, but for some unknown reason the UMB_UCONTEXT cookie is being randomly deleted.

Can anyone suggest how to debug this issue? Are there other known causes for this issue?

Cheers,

Michael

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 16:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Michael and welcome to our :)

Are you able to re-create the issue if you try logging in using her account? Or can you re-create it using your own account? Is she logged out randomly or is it when she is hitting the "Save and Publish" button for instance? I have seen another post about an issue that seems to be similar...have not found a solution yet though.

Is the site hosted on shared hosting or a dedicated server?

/Jan

Feb 13, 2015 @ 16:53
    Michael Strong

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have only setup the one account and when I login to test I get the same issue. It is hosted on Winhost (cheapest option) so I guess that is a shared server. The logouts appear to be random - not linked to any specific task that I know of. However, I have not asked her about this and I haven't noticed it myself.

Cheers,

Michael

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 14, 2015 @ 12:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Michael

Could you try copying the files to your own machine and see if you can run the solution locally and see if it acts the same? Just to figure out if it could be an issue on the host? Or if it's a general issue in Umbraco that needs to be fixed?

/Jan

Feb 14, 2015 @ 13:20
    Michael Strong

Hi Jan,

Yes I will do that, but it wont be for a few days yet. I will report back.

Cheers,

Michael

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft