Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fredrik 7 posts 38 karma points
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 16:26
    Fredrik

Can't access back office after deploy

After I deployed with web deploy trough visual studio i cant reach back office anymore. Front page is showing and working.

Server: Windows server 2012 with IIS 8 Umbraco: 7.2.1 fresh install with one hijacked controller

Here's the error message

enter image description here

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 14, 2015 @ 13:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Frederik

I suspect that for some reason the deploy does not transfer all the required folders to the server.

If you compare the content on your server and on your local machine do they then seem to be identical? I think you should try and copy over the /bin, /umbraco and /umbraco_client folders manually to see if it works.

/Jan

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Feb 14, 2015 @ 20:46
    jaygreasley

How did you install Umbraco?

If you install Umbraco via nuget then a lot of folders including umbraco and umbraco_client are not included in the VS solution so will not be deployed.

Feb 18, 2015 @ 08:53
    Fredrik

I think I tired everything now. First I copied the folders Jan told me to do, didn't work, then I tried including everything in the VS solution before i deployed didn't work. Last thing i tried was to manually copy everything to the server but no luck with that either.

Is it something wrong with the nuget package? Do I have some wrong settings server side? IIS? Can anybody else share their routines for deploying to server?

Just to add something, my project I'am working on has a surface controller for member login and that also gives me error and says file not found. Does everything have anything to do with that I have two projects in my solutions? My web project have the Umbraco installation and the other is a code library with Umbraco.Core for controllers and models.

Thanks for the input so far!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 09:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Frederik

Ok, don't think it's the deploy then. Think it's the server configuration. Have you done the things Charlie describes here? https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/37820-Umbraco-site-wont-load-through-IIS-8?p=0#comment136579

/Jan

Feb 18, 2015 @ 09:17
    Fredrik

You saved my day Jan! Thanks!

If someone sitting on windows server like I do you can find it here when you add feature trough server management

Web server -> Application development -> Asp.net 4.5

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft