Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• almir 9 posts 29 karma points
    Feb 15, 2015 @ 13:29
    almir

Cannot save/publish anything on plesk shared hosting

Hi

Could you please help me with this. I deployed MVC.NET / umbraco application on shared hosting (plesk) and connected it to MSSQL db. everything seams fine except i am not able to save/publis/unpublish/delete... or any other action. Here is the log i am getting when I try to publish content.

2015-02-15 06:14:53,692 [79] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - [Thread 212]    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()
       at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteScalar()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>c__DisplayClassa.

b__9()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteScalarWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy cmdRetryPolicy, RetryPolicy conRetryPolicy)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteScalarWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy retryPolicy)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteScalarWithRetry(IDbCommand command)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Insert(String tableName, String primaryKeyName, Boolean autoIncrement, Object poco)

ADDITIONAL:

I am exporting/importing database through SQL management studio directly from local DB to one on my shared hosting (plesk). And manually copiing whole umbraco site to httpdocs folder on plesk.

Best Regards
    Almir

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 15, 2015 @ 13:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Almir and welcome to our :)

How much control do you have using PLESK? I suspect that it might be a issue with permissions. Could you try setting 777 on the umbraco root folder and making sure it's inherited all the way down to the deepst level?

/Jan

Feb 15, 2015 @ 16:38
    almir

Hi Jan

I am not able to set 777, it is a bit different but i set full control rights for all the users:

Application pool group
    Plesk Domain User
    Administrators and
    System

on httpdocs folder and set to propagate to all child objects and still it is not working...

Can I send you anything else that could help you help me :)

Best
    Almir

Feb 15, 2015 @ 16:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Almir

Ok...how about the setup of IIS? Can you control that as well? Just to make sure that the app pool is running .NET 4 in integrated mode.

What server software is it running btw?

/Jan

Feb 15, 2015 @ 17:25
    almir

Hi

hosted by

http://www.parallels.com/

Windows hosting.
    Framework Version 4.5.2 not sure is it integrated mode.

One more information is that the user used for connection to the DB is not db_owner...

I am not able to du much changes on IIS, wherever i could i chnaged rights for all the users to full controll and still not working.

Best

Feb 15, 2015 @ 18:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Almir

Ok, perhaps you need to get in touch with your hosting provider and make sure that the server meets the requirements for running Umbraco 7 as you can see here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/system-requirements

Also you can see a list of how permissions must be setup on different files and folders here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/permissions

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 15, 2015 @ 20:21
    almir

Thanks a lot I will do that.

Best Regards
    Almir

Feb 22, 2015 @ 14:12
    almir

Hi

After i reinstalled whole umbraco from beginning everything worked properly.
    Then i changed the contenf of one Text field to long string and then i realised that it you enter long string in "Textstring" field it poped up the same issue.

So if you want to have long text then you need to use richtext or something else similar. There is no limit to the string in Textstring field so it could happened to enyone.

Thanks again
    Almir

Feb 22, 2015 @ 16:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Almir

How much data was in the field? How long was the string?

I would like to know because it may or may not be a bug depending on the amount of data you have put into to it.

/Jan

Feb 22, 2015 @ 22:26
    almir

Hi Jan

I am really not sure, I will test on my new site and let you know ASAP.

Best

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft