Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Feb 15, 2015 @ 21:06
    Ayo Adesina

Using Umbraco Forms With Grid Layout

Hey Guys,

I am really loving the new 7.2 Umbraco Forms Feature and think its worth every penny.

Today I tried to use it in a slightly different way than I have before and am having problems.

I have a page that has a Grid Layout Area, and in that Layout Area I can insert the form I created in the forms section by doing the following.

1. Adding a Rich Text area
    2. Clicking the Macoro Icon
    3. Selecting Insert form
    4. Selecting the form I want from the list

When you visit the page with the form on it, the problem is all the field names are rendering but the form input fields are not.

SOLUTION

During writing this post I went back to have a look in the umbraco back office and I got it to work!

Instead of closing this window and abandoning this question I thought I would share what I found out just in case it helps the next guy.

It turns out that by inserting the macro via the rich text editor was the problem. (Though this may be a bug)

To get it to work, I added the macro as an element directly to the grid layout and not via the rich text editor.

Not sure why doing it the first way would fail but I just in case you run in to this problem, try this!

Happy coding.

• Lawrence Miles 5 posts 45 karma points
    Jun 20, 2015 @ 23:04
    Lawrence Miles

I know this is old but you described my exact issue and posted a solutions. Unfortunately I'm new to Umbraco so your solution doesn't make any sense and still leaves me without forms that render properly.

How do you add it as an element to the grid layout?

• Nurhak Kaya 53 posts 147 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Sep 07, 2020 @ 14:00
    Nurhak Kaya

I have experienced this same problem today and the solution is(similar to Ayo's solution if not the same) not using Rich Text Editor but Macro, then inserting the form, otherwise form inputs are all ignored when RTE is selected.

Umbraco 7.15.4 UmbracoForms 7.0.5

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft