Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex 30 posts 120 karma points
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 09:34
    Alex

Improving my blog

Hi,

I just finished implementing a basic blog (1 blog page and many child articles). The current setup is running a macro to summarize the articles on the main page, and each summary leads to its own blog post.

What I would like to do on the main page is having a side bar with links to filter the posts by categories (on a different page for each category), and have another filter block by month. Ideallly, I would have something like this: 2014: January(links to january 2014 posts), February, (links to february 2014 posts), and so on.

I am not entirely sure what the best way to implement this is. Currently I lean towards adding filters as parameters in the url (e.g. /myblog?articles=feb2014). What is the easiest way to ready parameters through a razor macro?

Alternatively, is there by any chance a package available which would fully meet my needs and that I have missed?

I am still debating what the best way to implement this and was wondering if you had experience with similar features in the past?

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers :)

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 09:46
    Sören Deger

Hi Alex,

maybe this package is a good starting point for you:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/articulate

Best regards,

Sören

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: