Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bilal khan 35 posts 58 karma points
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 18:04
    Bilal khan

Umbraco 7 MVC Request pipeline removing .aspx from the URL

Hi,

I developing 301 redirects on old URL to point to new ones. I am using Umbraco Request piple and when the page is not found I am trying to check if the URL has to be redirected. 

I am using an XML file to hold new and old URL's. One URL that I am redirecting has .aspx in it but when I try to get the absolute path for the url .aspx is removed  from it not sure where Umbraco is removing it below is the rquested URL

abc.com/help/faq.aspx?dsid=568

and when I try to get absolute uri.path I end up with somthing like below

abc.com/help/faq?dsid=568

.aspx is removed I need this so I can compate the whole requested URL with the URL's in my xml file.

Any idea on why this is happenening.

Many thanks

Ad

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 22:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Adnan

In the web.config there is an umbraco specific key named "umbracoUseDirectoryUrls" - This should be changed from "True" to "False". This will bring back the .aspx extension to the urls.

You might also need to go to the /config/umbracoSettings.config file and change the

I don't know if the 301 url tracker package might be possible for you to use as well for this scenario - It might be worth checking it out here https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/301-url-tracker

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Bilal khan 35 posts 58 karma points
    Feb 19, 2015 @ 11:21
    Bilal khan

Hi - Thank you for your reply. I have tried both and recycled my app pool but it didn't work. I am thinking of taking the .aspx extenion from the XML file containing the old URL. 

As I have wasted enough time trying to figure this out. Thanks for your reply!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft