Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin Brennan 3 posts 53 karma points
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 22:56
    Kevin Brennan

Unable to login into backend

Hello,

We recently launched a new Umbraco site and everything was working smoothly during testing and was fine at launch too. A few days later we're unable to log into the site because the login is getting hung on something and we're not sure what could be the issue.

This is our first Umbraco site (ours and the clients) so we've been troubleshooting what we know and haven't come up with anything. 

Here's the site and the login page.

http://www.altusgeomatics.com

http://www.altusgeomatics.com/umbraco

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 23:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevin and welcome to our :)

That sounds a bit odd - It should just work.

However...I just visited the login page and in my browser console I see 3 error 404...So I'm wondering what files you deployed initially from local to live?

Could you have missed some files or deployed some files that should not have been deployed?

I suggest you also try going to the /App_Data/TEMP folder on the server and try deleting the files in the client dependency folder and then recycle the app pool.

Does that help?

/Jan

Feb 19, 2015 @ 22:48
    Kevin Brennan

OOPS, I hit the solved button when it hasn't been solved. Feeling pretty smart over here.

Thanks for you help Jan.

Unfortunately, clearing the dependency folder and recycling the app pool did not work.

When we went from developing local to live, all we did was change the home folder of the root site to the umbraco folder.

This is the message I received from the client's IT Manager:

"There are two adx files from the web.config that cause the 404. Not sure why. Permissions are proper and .adx is a mime type in IIS."

Here's a screenshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2383490/Geomatics<em>axd</em>issue.png

Feb 20, 2015 @ 05:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevin

Hmm, ok that's weird - The issue seems to be related to client dependency though.

Ehm...when you made the deploy did you then set the "debug" attribute in the web.config to false? If so...could you try temporarily to set it to true just to see if it makes any difference? It should be switched back to false again - It's important due to security.

Also try this

1: Go to the /config/ClientDependency.config file and increment the version number attribute

2: Recyle the app pool

Does that help any? It should clear the backoffice cache, which might be the issue here.

/Jan

Feb 20, 2015 @ 14:57
    Kevin Brennan

Switching the debug mode on allowed us to get back into the backend. Thanks!

Our client is going to try your suggestion. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for your help, Jan.

Feb 20, 2015 @ 15:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevin

Ok, but it should not be set to true permanently for security reasons so make sure to set it back to false asap :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft