Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yoni 49 posts 118 karma points
    Feb 19, 2015 @ 14:10
    Yoni

Is my Umbraco source code safe???

I am sorry if my topic is not clear enough...

I am wondering if my umbraco site is safe. As the site is not compiled aren't all the files "readable" by someone who knows what they are doing? I am talking about.. web.config masterpages (and their vb files) class vb files (in the app_code folder)

Am i worrying for nothing? Is there something I should be doing that I am not? IS there something I can do to relax me?

Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 19, 2015 @ 14:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Yoni

It should not be - If your server is properly setup and you have made sure to patch you Umbraco installations so they're up to date with the latest security patches from the beginning of february I don't think you should have so much to worry about in regards to Umbraco - You can read more about the latest security issues here http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2015/2/5/security-alert-update-clientdependency-immediately - It's affecting Umbraco up to version 7.1.9.

Umbraco is constantly being tested and if issues are found they're fixed quickly so you can patch ASAP. But no one can of course guarantee that there won't be found any issues in the future - But that's the same issue no matter what kind of software you're using or building for that matter.

I hope this helps a bit? :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft