Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tobias Klika 101 posts 570 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2015 @ 22:44
    Tobias Klika

Prevent auto-creation of unnecessary folders

Hi!

Everytime I try to cleanup my project and remove unnecessary folders they get recreated again by Umbraco (automatically).

Specifically I am talking about css, scripts, masterpages, usercontrols, xslt.

I do not use them and they are always empty but mess up my folder structure - this sucks.

Any idea how to turns this "feature" off?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 05:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tobias

I think that's because those folders are actually being used by Umbraco. I get that you don't use them in your projects but I don't think there is a way to switch this of.

If you for some reason all of the sudden create a file, which by convention will be placed in one of the folders listed above you'll get an error since the folders does not exist - I believe that is why Umbraco makes sure that these folders will be auto-created. They might be unnecessary to you but they're essential for the system.

Over time at least two of the folders will go away if Webforms support will vanish for instance.

Besides they don't do any harm do they? :) I know it can be a bit annoying to look at but it's a cosmetic issue. I don't use css, scripts, masterpages and unsercontrol folders either but I don't mind them being in my system...

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft