Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stefan 39 posts 70 karma points
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 14:35
    Stefan

Hide macros

Is it possible to hide macros from specific users / only allow a user to use a specific template ?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 14:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stefan

Unfortunately it's not possible currently.

/Jan

• Stefan 39 posts 70 karma points
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 14:40
    Stefan

that seems like a feature oversight

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 15:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stefan

Well, I agree that it indeed would be a nice feature. I have been working on local government projects myself where it would be really nice to be able to hide certain macros for certain user groups.

It would also be nice to be able to hide tabs and set access to specific sections of the site but unfortunately this is something that does not work out of the box.

It's been working like that for many years - and the more editors and level of editors the more frustrating it gets indeed.

I attended a session on a remake of the document type section/creation earlier this week where user groups was also briefly discussed and there is a recognition of the need but it's not something that is easy to just do. My understanding is that it takes quite some logic to make it happen and is a big task.

If you don't mind you're welcome to add it to the issue tracker as a feature request - That way it's visible to the HQ that this is something that needs a lot of TLC and others can go and vote it up as well. It's no guarantee that it will get higher priority though. But it makes it clear it's something the users want.

But in short, HQ is aware about it as the backoffice is getting a major overhaul in the coming 12-18 months (my estimate) I think it's unavoidable for them to have to look at changing how permissions work. Sounded like that during the discussion at least.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft