Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wschwarte 44 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 22, 2015 @ 14:02
    wschwarte

Umbraco Forms / MVC

Hi,

i just installed the latest Umbraco and Forms came installed. Does it need MVC as rendering engine in umbracosetings.config ? I now have it set to winforms and get an error when trying to load a page with a forms macro (which is a partialview).

thanks\

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 22, 2015 @ 14:56
    Dennis Aaen

Hi wschwarte,

I have just tried to install a fresh Umbraco 7.2.2 and set the rendering engineWebFormsand I also get and error saying. The layout page "Master.cshtml" could not be found at the following path: "~/Views/Master.cshtml".

Therefor I think that you should create an issue on the issue tracker about this. So the HQ is knows this is a problem when you want to run your Umbraco installation in WebForms mode and using Umbraco Forms. You can create this issue there. http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/CON

When you have create the issue please link to it in this thread some people that came accross this post, and see there is an issue, and can vote for it.

/Dennis

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 12:15
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

There is a uHangout video about Umbraco Forms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTKb4k4UJqU

Umbraco Forms is a complete rebuild of Courier and in the video they mention that webforms isn't supported anymore. So yes it does need MVC as a rendering engine.

If you want to use webforms you probably need to keep using an older version before the rebuild. So just use Courier.

Jeroen

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 12:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Courier = Contour here, just to clarify Jeroens comment above ;-)

/Jan

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 12:31
    Jeroen Breuer

Yes sorry it should be Contour. That's why it's called Umbraco Forms now. No more confusion ;-).

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft