Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 11:32
    Rohan

Create user login (my account) using Umbraco cms

Hi

I am workign on one project with Umbraco 7.2.0.

In my website, i need to create My Account section where user can Log In to the site or they can create a SIGN UP (new user creation).

So my concern is , is it possible within Umbraco CMS ? Does Umbraco provide any built in Login Control from where user can login as well they can SIGN UP if new user ?  If so, where User login data stored in Database ?

OR 

I need to create a separate User Login form and database etc my solf ?

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 11:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rohan

Yes this is possible in Umbraco using "Members", which you can define in the "Members" section.

In Umbraco 7 there should be a razor snippet you can base the registration upon when creating a partial view macro in the "Developer" section. When you create a new macro there is a dropdown where you can choose a "Template" from.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 12:03
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rohan,

I think this http://siempresolutions.co.uk/blog/Umbraco_Members_Protected_Area_of_Website blogpost would be a nice starting point on how to setup a protected area on your website. The blogpost shows how to do it in Umbraco 7.

And as Jan mentions there is a razor snippet you can base the member registration on.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 11:38
    Rohan

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It helps me a lot.

I just have one question, I have found the Register Memeber snippet in Partial Macros..

On my registration page i have three fields Email, Password , Repeat Password.

So if the Password && Repeat Password both match then only i need Post the form and need to Create member. Another thing i am looking for is format for password. I need password should be (Alpha Numeric with Special Sysmbol (!) ). So how to achieve this as well ?

Can i customize this thing with existing Razor code snippet of (Register Member) ? Also on successful registration of member, i need to send User an email about his registration on website. 

Please help me here.

Thanks

Rohan Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft