Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 14:09
    Ansar
    0

    Content missing in CMS - Umbraco 7.2.1 grid data type

    Hi,

    We have all set to go live on a new Umbraco 7.2.1 website and the content of all nodes inside grid data type is missing in the CMS. The contents can be seen in the frontend.

    There were a number of people updating contents in the site.

    Any idea about this problem? 

    We can see the contents properly in the frontend pages!

  • Jan Skovgaard 11264 posts 23592 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 14:15
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Anz

    How many people are updating the site? Have you checked if there are any error messages in the browsers console log? Have you checked the /App_Data/Logs file to see if it reveals anything about the issue? Have you double checked permissions to be sure that it's not permission related?

    How much content have you put into the site? Is the connectionstring correct?

    /Jan

  • Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 15:09
    Ansar
    0

    1. How many people are updating the site?
    6 people were using the backend. But only 2 users with unique user logins were doing the content update. Others were devs/testers using the same login.

    2. Have you checked if there are any error messages in the browsers console log?
    No errors. We have tested from different browsers & different computers as well.

    3. Have you checked the /App_Data/Logs file to see if it reveals anything about the issue?
    Nothing seems related to this. There are errors related to macro scripts which happened while development.

    4. Have you double checked permissions to be sure that it's not permission related?
    Yes all permissions good. Everything was working few minutes back and only the grid has issue.

    5. How much content have you put into the site?
    Around 150 nodes

    6. Is the connectionstring correct?
    Yes all other fields are loading fine. 

    Checked cmsContentXml & cmsPreviewXml tables and we can see the json data from grid. It seems just not loading in the CMS. 

    The Rollback option showed the content from grid and we have tried to revert for one page. But still not loading in the Grid.

    Manually edited one node and added content to grid and that node is loading fine.

    We have made a copy and upgreaded to 7.2.2 and still same problem.

  • Jan Skovgaard 11264 posts 23592 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 15:20
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Anz

    Ok, that's really weird...Have you tried to recycle the app pool and see if that works?

    /Jan

  • Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 15:25
    Ansar
    0

    I can see the Ajax call /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/GetById?id=2257 is retruning all contents properly but just the Grid is not loading but showing the default view of rectangle box.

     

  • Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 15:26
    Ansar
    0

    Going to do that now - was a bit scared to try since I dont want the frontend pages to loase contents. 

     

  • Jan Skovgaard 11264 posts 23592 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 15:34
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Anz

    Ok, have you deployed the /config/ folder files as well? or could they be missing? I guess that would not be the case since you don't get any 404's...but perhaps it's a good idea to double check.

    Otherwise try clearing the backoffice cache by going to the /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number and then recycle the app pool. Does that work?

    If not...could you then temporarily try to set the "debug" setting in web.config to true? Just to see if it makes any difference. It should of course be switched back to false for security reasons.

    Hope this helps.

    /Jan

  • Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 15:48
    Ansar
    0

    Found the issue - we changed the Name in Row configurations of the grid after adding the content. 

    Looks like the Name is used to recreate the grid in the backend.

  • Jan Skovgaard 11264 posts 23592 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 15:51
    Jan Skovgaard
    1

    Hi Anz

    Ok, happy to hear you found the culprit :)

    Happy launch!

    /Jan

  • Chris 92 posts 238 karma points
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 16:58
    Chris
    0

    There is already a bug report for this issue.

    http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6102

  • kim Thomsen 59 posts 277 karma points
    Apr 20, 2015 @ 13:03
    kim Thomsen
    0

    wasted an hour on this bug -.- 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft