Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Westmoreland 4 posts 84 karma points
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 08:31
    Nick Westmoreland

500 Error Publishing pages

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have an Umbraco 7.1.6 site which I haven't worked on in a little while and I am unable to publish changes, the weird thing is that I can save the pages. The last time it was known to be working was 10/2014.

In chrome developer tools I am getting:

POST http://XX.XX.XX.XX/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave 500 (Internal Server Error) and the only response is {"Message":"An error has occurred."}

The umbraco log in the database also has no messages, just the page saves are logged as being sucessful.

Thanks,

Nick

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 08:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nick

Could the permissions settings have been messed up somehow? What changes have been made to the site recently and? And have you investigated the event viewer on the webserver?

/Jan

• Nick Westmoreland 4 posts 84 karma points
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 09:03
    Nick Westmoreland

Hi Jan,

Thanks very much for the advice. The event log had an error with the IIS App Pool:

IIS APPPOOL\Groove 

ConfigurationErrorsException 

Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Web.v20, Version=6.9.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config line 284)

I removed the reference in the machine config as recommended by Stephen Griffiths in his blog http://www.stegriff.co.uk/upblog/umbraco-cant-publish-due-to-mysql-web-v20 and it seems to have fixed the problem. I have no idea how this randomly started.

Thanks,

Nick

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 22:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nick

Happy to hear you managed to get it solved and thanks for sharing the details. Remember to mark the issue as solved so others who may come across the same thing can go straight to the solution :)

Indeed weird that it just started happening out of the blue...But as long as it's working again!

/Jan

• Jamie Attwood 201 posts 493 karma points c-trib
    Jun 10, 2015 @ 16:53
    Jamie Attwood

I have had lots of strange problems with Umbraco and MySQL being installed on the same box as MSSQL. I suspect that there is a naming conflict somewhere, but it seems to target the sitemap provider. As an alternative to the fixes above, you can also add the following to your web.config under.

<siteMap>
    <providers>
    <remove name="MySqlSiteMapProvider"/>
    </providers>
    </siteMap>

Cheers,

Jamie

• Sumesh KP 34 posts 107 karma points c-trib
    Oct 01, 2018 @ 11:04
    Sumesh KP

@Jamie Attwood

Thanks for the Code. I had the same issue when we migrated the site to a shared hosting. But it seems fixed when adding your code inside the <system.web> </system.web> in web.config

• Jamie Attwood 201 posts 493 karma points c-trib
    Oct 01, 2018 @ 13:02
    Jamie Attwood

Excellent. Thanks for updating!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft