Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phil 54 posts 139 karma points
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 16:25
    Phil

Rich Text Editor toolbar hides icons in Grid - 7.2.0

When I add a rich text editor to a thin column in the grid, the toolbar hides various icons:

Hidden icons

Is there any way to stop the icons from hiding?

Note - this also happens when the browser window is resized.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 17:44
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Phil,

I have just tried setup and fresh Umbraco 7.2.0 installation with the Fanoe starter kit pre-installed. I have tried to add all the icons to the rich text editor, and all shows up.

What icons did you mean that you should be able to have in the rich text editor, but you donĀ“t have. Did you remember to add the icons in the i data type for the rich text editor.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Feb 24, 2015 @ 19:03
    Phil

Hi Dennis,

When I have a full column (or a wide-enough column), then all the icons show correctly.

I have all the icons enabled in the data type.

To reproduce:

• Create a grid datatype with a row configuration with a width of 4 or lower
    • Add the grid datatype to a document type
    • Create content and insert a rich text editor into the row

By following these steps, I am unable to see all of the icons in the toolbar of the rich text editor.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 19:49
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Phil,

I have tried to make a row configuration where I have 2 cells with a width of 2 and 2 cells with a width of 4. I have no issue to get all the options in the rich text editor see the screenshot below.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 19:55
    Matthew Kirschner

Hi, Phil.

I've added this same exact issue to the tracker a few months ago but it seems to have gotten ignored (as do a lot of my reports but I guess that speaks to just how busy HQ is). Please vote for it so that it actually gets some attention.

As a temporary workaround you could do one of two things:

1. Stretch your browser width so that the column is less thin. I had stretch mine across 2 monitors to view all icons.
    2. Add another row and then drag your thin column to the new row temporarily. Having a buffer row above your thin column will give the toolbar more room. You can always move your column back and delete the extra row when you're finished.

I can't see an editor being expected to do something like this, though. I still think the Grid Layout is a little too early to be used in production. It's very close, though.

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 20:01
    Matthew Kirschner

@Dennis,

This only happens in a thin column within the first row of a grid editor. I have no idea where your working columns are in relation to anything since the images you post are cropped too small. Here's one I just took in Umbraco 7.2.2 / Chrome:

enter image description here

Feb 25, 2015 @ 15:01
    Phil

Matthew,

That's exactly the problem - now that I know it only affects the first row I can work around - cheers!

• Giu 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 15:18
    Giu

I have the same issue, it only affects the first row and when the scrollbar is at the top of the page. It looks like a part of the rich editor toolbar is hidden by the navigation bar:

enter image description here

• Allan Hawkey 232 posts 303 karma points
    Nov 24, 2015 @ 17:23
    Allan Hawkey

Anyone know if there is a fix for this yet?

Thanks, Allan

• Anton Oosthuizen 206 posts 486 karma points
    Jan 26, 2016 @ 14:02
    Anton Oosthuizen

Quick work around is to use the browser zoom

• Anton Oosthuizen 206 posts 486 karma points
    Jan 26, 2016 @ 14:03
    Anton Oosthuizen

For some reason my HTML button doesn't appear. Any Solutions?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft