Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 17:59
    Craig100

Media funnies after 7.2.2 upgrade

Trying to ascertain if my upgrade from 7.2.1 to 7.2.2 is ok.  Clicking on a Media section directory no longer shows the images in the right hand pane. I just see two dotted boxes, "Click up upload" and "Drop your files here".  Can't see any explanation of this in any issues or release notes. Is this correct?

Also,  when trying to upload an image to a content section (Grid or Media Picker) using the flyout panel, nothing happens at all. Have tried republishing entire site, restarting the whole machine, still the same.

If I can't get this working then I'll have to downgrade to 7.2.1 again and explain to the client why uploading multiple images fails and Media Pickers don't remember the order they just put images in :(

Any advice appreciated.

Craig

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 18:54
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You mean clicking a folder in the media section? In the attachment (7.2.2) I've selected the "Hello Folder" folder and the images show up.

Check your browsers javascript console for errors and also thoroughly, thoroughly clear your browser cache (or just open a private browsing window, that shouldn't have any cache anyway).

enter image description here

Feb 24, 2015 @ 18:59
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You might also benefit from this old tip in the upgrade instruction (although we do this automatically in the upgrade installer now, so if you've seen the installer screen you shouldn't have to do this):

The important other thing you'll need to do is go into config/ClientDependency.config and update the version number in there. So if it currently says version="2" then just make it one higher: version="3". This will ensure that any server-side cache of javascript and stylesheets gets cleared as well.

Feb 24, 2015 @ 19:25
    Craig100

Thanks Sebastiaan, sanity is now mainly restored thanks to the advice about deep clearing the cache. Was using Chrome Cache Clear extension but since it updated itself it just hangs.  

However, still have one last media issue and that is some images just will not upload. One is only 130KB. I've renamed it, resaved it, resampled it, but it will not go. The progress bar goes along but then I get a red bar saying "Not Found: Not Found" and that's it. Happens for several image, not all. These are individual uploads to a Media folder, trying both click to upload and drag and drop. Have tried multiple image drag and drop and they seem to work ok. Different images from the one's that won't go though. Size does not seem to be the issue.

When the upload fails, the console says:  POST http://localhost:49168/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Media/PostAddFile?origin=blueimp 404 (Not Found)

Craig

Feb 24, 2015 @ 19:50
    Craig100

Incidentally, I've deleted everything in /App_Data/TEMP/ClienDependency, FileUploads and also deleted the ExamineIndexes/*/Index content as well. Same result on Media upload.

Craig

Feb 24, 2015 @ 19:53
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Can you attach the image please?

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 20:06
    Matthew Kirschner

@Craig,

I just noticed the same thing after my upgrade. Incrementing my clientDependency version number, as sebastiaan mentioned, did the trick. This is in regard to the images showing on the right panel. I haven't yet tried to upload an image in the grid or rte.

Feb 24, 2015 @ 20:07
    Craig100

Feb 24, 2015 @ 20:15
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@Craig Do you get any additional errors in your log maybe? I don't get an error uploading this image in an upgraded 7.2.2 so I'm not sure what could be going on.

Feb 24, 2015 @ 20:25
    Craig100

The only error I get (looking in the Diplo Trace Logs) is SEOChecker.HttpModules.UrlModule:-

SEOChecker: Error in PageNotFound Module

System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)

at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)

at System.UriBuilder.get_Uri()

at SEOChecker.Core.Extensions.UrlBuilderExtensions.ToUri(UrlBuilder builder)

at SEOChecker.Core.Extensions.HttpContextExtensions.RawUri(HttpContext context)

at SEOChecker.HttpModules.UrlModule.(Object , EventArgs )

Which might come before or after I get the red bar saying "Not Found: Not Found".

If it's of any consequence, I have the following packages installed:-

1. Archetype
    2. Config Tree
    3. Diplo Trace Log Viewer
    4. ezSearch
    5. nuPickers
    6. SEO Checker (licenced)
    7. Slimsy
    8. Umbraco Core Property Value Converters
    9. Umbraco Forms (licenced)

Craig 

Feb 25, 2015 @ 11:00
    Craig100

Also still having issues with Archetype Data Types, and it appears I'm not the only one: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/61579-Upgrade-to-722-issues

Question is, do I carry on development with 7.2.2 or bin it and revert to 7.2.1 as it's so near my client's go-live deadline.

Craig

Feb 27, 2015 @ 00:15
    Craig100

Gave up with the upgrade after 2 days. Bit the bullet and totally rebuilt the site (thanks to uSync!). The media issues are now solved.

Feb 27, 2015 @ 09:38
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Oh no! Now we'll never know what went wrong.. :( Do you have an upgraded version laying around somewhere that I can play with? If you could send me a link (dropbox, wetransfer, etc.) to a zip file with the site + database I'd love to figure out where the real problem was.

Feb 27, 2015 @ 11:28
    Craig100

Hi Sebastiann. I admire your academic rigour:)  The last upgraded version is zipped and on dropbox with DB. You'll have to agree to keep it under wraps as it's a commercially sensitive site not due for release till end of March. What email address?

Craig

Feb 27, 2015 @ 14:38
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@Craig cool yep, I'll obviously keep it to myself! [email protected] please.. I'll report back here if I can find anything. Thanks!

Feb 27, 2015 @ 16:47
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@Craig Aha! Thanks so much for including the NuGet output, this is exactly why you had so many problems:

File C:\VS2012\MyProject\packages\UmbracoCms.Core.7.2.2\tools\install.ps1 cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system. Please see "get-help about_signing" for more details.
    At line:1 char:2
    + & <<<<  'C:\VS2012\MyProject\packages\UmbracoCms.Core.7.2.2\tools\install.ps1' $__rootPath $__toolsPath $__package $__project
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], PSSecurityException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RuntimeException

What happens in install.ps1 is that the new Umbraco and Umbraco_Client get copied over your existing ones. I don't even have to look at the rest of your site files to know that the problems you were having were directly related to not having the correct files in those folders.
    Unfortunately this is not something we can help with, the error cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system. Please see "get-help about_signing" for more details. is sporadic and impossible to reproduce by anybody (including the NuGet team, last time I checked). Sometimes it is just necessary to execute Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned in the package manager console to make it work.

Interesting observation: I had this error a few times on my machine (which had been working absolutely perfectly for months before that). The first time I updated the execution policy. The other times I just went on to do something else and the next day it worked again.

Feb 27, 2015 @ 17:33
    Craig100

Ah, sorry, think I sent you the wrong Nuget output:(

I initiated a Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned  before the upgrade. So, you will need to look at the rest I'm afraid.

Sorry about that :(  But hopefully you'll be able to ascertain the versions of files in the Umbraco_Client and Umbraco folders are correct quite quickly ;)

Craig

• Calle Bjernekull 28 posts 103 karma points
    Oct 23, 2015 @ 07:24
    Calle Bjernekull

Hi everyone! I also had this issue in 7.2.8. My problem was that I had set a custom max upload-size in

<security>
      <requestFiltering>
        <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="600000"></requestLimits>
      </requestFiltering>
    </security>

I removed my requestLimits-tag and it works. Just don't ask me why, but it works...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft