Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carsten Nørregaard Panek 34 posts 124 karma points
    Feb 25, 2015 @ 15:31
    Carsten Nørregaard Panek

Examine management empty

Hi

I have a Umbraco installation where the tab "Examine management" is empty, does anyone have an idea why?

Looks like this - it is Umbraco 7.2.1

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 25, 2015 @ 15:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Carsten

It's not very obvious but I think you need to click on either "Indexers" or "Searchers" in order to have the options expanded :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 25, 2015 @ 20:00
    Carsten Nørregaard Panek

Hi Jan

If only it was that simple :-( - The headlines is not links and nothing happens when I click.

Any other ideas?

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Feb 25, 2015 @ 20:02
    Sören Deger

Hi Carsten,

which browser and version do you use? Have you the same issue in another browser? Maybe it's a bug in your browser. 

Best,

Sören

Feb 25, 2015 @ 20:06
    Carsten Nørregaard Panek

Have tried both IE 11 and latest Chrome, same result.

Umbraco 7.2.1

Feb 25, 2015 @ 20:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Carsten

Aaah yes, my memory played tricks on me there. Just had to check on a fresh installation of 7.2.2 and there should be some links under each heading.

Do you see any JavaScript error in your browsers console log?

If possible you could try upgrading to 7.2.2 and see if that makes the issue disappear.

/Jan

Feb 25, 2015 @ 20:23
    Carsten Nørregaard Panek

Hm.. have the following JS errors:

description "Unable to parse bindings.\nMessage: ReferenceError: 'Name' er ikke defineret;\nBindings value: text: Name, click: toggleProperties"

{exception} Egenskaben 'IncludeNodeTypes' kan ikke hentes for reference, der er udefineret eller null

Feb 25, 2015 @ 20:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Carsten

Ok...is this a fresh installation or have you been trying to create a property editor yourself, using a 3rd party package? Could there be a missing file or something?

/Jan

Feb 25, 2015 @ 20:42
    Carsten Nørregaard Panek

No it is not a clean installation and I am not the only developer working on the site. Could this error be related to a property editor?

The following 3.party packages is installed:

ezSearch
    RJP.Multiurlpicker
    uLess

Any ideas?

Feb 25, 2015 @ 20:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Carsten

It could be the result of something being ignored in the .ignore file, which should not have been ignored. Does it work on some of your colleagues machines?

Are you using git or mercurial for source control? When did it start to happen?

/Jan

Feb 25, 2015 @ 21:00
    Jan Skovgaard

I'm currently working on a project myself where we have ezSearch and the RJP.MultiUrlPicker packages installed and we don't have any issues accessing the examine dashboard options.

Don't know uLess though - But the other two packages are not the issue :)

/Jan

• MikeD 92 posts 112 karma points
    Feb 27, 2015 @ 16:54
    MikeD

Hi guys,

I am having the same issue.  This is a dev site still, I am the only one workign on it, it was a fresh install of 7.2.1 and I just upgraded to 7.2.2.

Here are the javascript errors:

Error: Unable to parse bindings. Message: ReferenceError: Name is not defined; Bindings value: text: Name, click: toggleProperties
    http://MYDEVDOMAIN/DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L0FwcGxpY2F0aW9uL05hbWVzcGFjZU1hbmFnZXIuanM7L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L3VpL2pxdWVyeS5qczsvdW1icmFjb19jbGllbnQvdWkvYmFzZTIuanM7L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L1VJL2tub2Nrb3V0LmpzOy91bWJyYWNvX2NsaWVudC9VSS9rbm9ja291dC5tYXBwaW5nLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvX2NsaWVudC91aS9kZWZhdWx0LmpzOy91bWJyYWNvX2NsaWVudC9EYXNoYm9hcmRzL0V4YW1pbmVNYW5hZ2VtZW50LmpzOw&t=Javascript&cdv=954057042:66
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'IncludeNodeTypes' of undefined
    http://MYDEVDOMAIN/DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L0FwcGxpY2F0aW9uL05hbWVzcGFjZU1hbmFnZXIuanM7L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L3VpL2pxdWVyeS5qczsvdW1icmFjb19jbGllbnQvdWkvYmFzZTIuanM7L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L1VJL2tub2Nrb3V0LmpzOy91bWJyYWNvX2NsaWVudC9VSS9rbm9ja291dC5tYXBwaW5nLmpzOy91bWJyYWNvX2NsaWVudC91aS9kZWZhdWx0LmpzOy91bWJyYWNvX2NsaWVudC9EYXNoYm9hcmRzL0V4YW1pbmVNYW5hZ2VtZW50LmpzOw&t=Javascript&cdv=954057042:93

I have the following packages installed:

CMS Import
    Config Tree
    FALM Housekeeping
    ImageGen
    Umbraco Forms

I am using Chrome, and have tested on IE11, FF and Safari.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?

• Karl Kopp 121 posts 227 karma points
    Mar 06, 2015 @ 07:47
    Karl Kopp

I'm having the same problem. Anyone get to the bottom of this???

Cheers!

• Helmuth Bederna 17 posts 78 karma points c-trib
    Mar 06, 2015 @ 09:17
    Helmuth Bederna

Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue as well and I tried to fix it, as the error is a simple casing problem located in the ExamineManagement.js in line 130. The problem is that the viewModel returns the IndexCriteria for some reason in lower case so the IncludeNodeTypes is undefined.

The corrected line should look like:

viewModel.indexCriteria.IncludeNodeTypes(indexerModel.IndexCriteria.IncludeNodeTypes.join());

NOT

viewModel.IndexCriteria.IncludeNodeTypes(indexerModel.IndexCriteria.IncludeNodeTypes.join());

As said I tried to fix it but it didn't work. The error just got more worse because after the fix I get a ton of "Unable to parse bindings" errors out of the knockout.js.

Probably we should open a ticket so the developers are aware of it ;)

Maybe I can find the issue and create a working workaround so we can use the Dashboard again.

Best regards, Helmuth

Mar 06, 2015 @ 09:57
    Helmuth Bederna

Ok, I've created a Ticket which includes the changes I've done to get the Dashboard working.

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6369

Hope the fix works for you as well!

Best regards, Helmuth

Mar 07, 2015 @ 01:15
    Karl Kopp

SO CLOSE :) I now see the Searches (W00T - thnx!) but Indexers now being displayed. Can you attach your .ascx file here - I can't download from the ticket :( Maybe rename to .txt???

Cheers, Karl

Mar 07, 2015 @ 01:23
    Karl Kopp

OK - found the root cause - the old ExamineManagement.ascx is no longer used. Update the control in /Config/Dashboards.config to point to views/dashboard/developer/examinemanagement.html :)

Mar 09, 2015 @ 08:15
    Helmuth Bederna

Hey Karl!

*FacePalm* :D I already thought - Why is there a "examinemanagement.html" file? LMAO!

Anyway I tried it out and it seems to work as well! But it there are some minor issues with that dashboard! Eg. it is not refreshing after the index rebuild.

Thanks for sharing that with us!

Best regards, Helmuth

• Peter 27 posts 192 karma points
    Nov 17, 2016 @ 10:16
    Peter

Hey everyone,

Today I found myself experiencing the exact same issue on a 7.5.3 umbraco - the ExamineManagement view was empty, no indexers or searchers listed. No errors in the console, no errors in the log either, so I started digging a bit.

Through debugging in the browser console, I could verify that the data was indeed fetched and set in the scope variables. The problem was the loop variable of the ng-repeat directive.

The html (\Umbraco\Views\dashboard\developer\examinemanagement.html) looks like this:

<li class="provider" ng-repeat="indexer in indexerDetails">
    <li class="provider" ng-repeat="searcher in searcherDetails">

Now inspecting these variables in the console, both variables are not 'loopable', as they are both objects containing two child objects - type and values. Values is 'loopable' so I made a small modification in the html:

<li class="provider" ng-repeat="indexer in indexerDetails.$values">
    <li class="provider" ng-repeat="searcher in searcherDetails.$values">

Now my ExamineManagement view works perfectly. I have not tried upgrading umbraco to the latest version (7.5.4 atm.), so this error has possibly already been resolved, but for now until I upgrade, this fix will have to do.

Hope it helps.

BR Peter

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft