Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Recknel 2 posts 55 karma points
    Feb 26, 2015 @ 15:21
    Chris Recknel

Failed to retrieve data for application tree forms: AutoFac IOC, Umbraco 7.2.2 and Forms

Just installed Umbraco Forms on this site with Autofac running IOC. All other content and setting trees still work, and I can create forms, but I don't see the forms tree under the forms section of the site...

All my API endpoints are still working

"Message":"An error has occurred.",
       "ExceptionMessage":"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.",
       "ExceptionType":"System.NullReferenceException",
       "StackTrace":"   at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.<TryGetRootNodeFromControllerTree>d__4.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.<GetRootForMultipleAppTree>d__12.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.<GetApplicationTrees>d__4.MoveNext()"
    }

Here is my container code:

protected override void OnApplicationStarted(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                base.OnApplicationStarted(sender, e);
                var builder = new ContainerBuilder();
                // Register your MVC controllers.
                builder.RegisterControllers(typeof(Controllers.HomepageController).Assembly);
                builder.RegisterApiControllers(typeof(Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication).Assembly);
                builder.RegisterApiControllers(typeof(Controllers.HomepageController).Assembly);

builder.RegisterModule<AutofacWebTypesModule>();
                builder.RegisterModule<Modules.DalModule>();
                builder.RegisterModule<Modules.BllModule>();
                // OPTIONAL: Register model binders that require DI.
                builder.RegisterModelBinders(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly());
                builder.RegisterModelBinderProvider();
                // OPTIONAL: Register web abstractions like HttpContextBase.
                builder.RegisterModule<AutofacWebTypesModule>();
                // OPTIONAL: Enable property injection in view pages.
                builder.RegisterSource(new ViewRegistrationSource());
                // OPTIONAL: Enable property injection into action filters.
                builder.RegisterFilterProvider();
                // Set the dependency resolver to be Autofac.
                var container = builder.Build();
                var resolver = new Autofac.Integration.WebApi.AutofacWebApiDependencyResolver(container);
                GlobalConfiguration.Configuration.DependencyResolver = resolver;
                DependencyResolver.SetResolver(new AutofacDependencyResolver(container));
                Logic.NuPickerDataSource.DataSourceFactory = type => DependencyResolver.Current.GetService(type);
            }
  • Chris Recknel 2 posts 55 karma points
    Feb 26, 2015 @ 17:28
    Chris Recknel

A senior Dev here has found the issue, the IOC addition is as follows:

builder.RegisterApiControllers(typeof(Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.FormTreeController).Assembly);

The Umbraco forms assemblies need to be referenced in order to be able to do this we moved the forms assemblies into a lib folder and referenced them there.

There is service location in ApplicationTreeExtensions line 66 which if you don't step through Umbraco source you won't see.

I have my tree back and if we run into other issues complaining about controllers, we know what to do :)

• mark firth 32 posts 75 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 11:12
    mark firth

Hi Chris,

I have the same problem with autofac and a custom tree controller the the backoffice.

What dll contains the "Umbraco forms assemblies"?

cheers,

mark

• mark firth 32 posts 75 karma points
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 09:32
    mark firth

Just to answer my own problem and it might help others.

i found this via google:

http://24days.in/umbraco/2014/iocdi-architecture/

from which i used this line of code to fix the problem:

builder.RegisterAssemblyTypes(typeof(MyCustomTreeClass).Assembly).Where(t => !t.IsAbstract && typeof(ApiController).IsAssignableFrom(t)).InstancePerMatchingLifetimeScope(AutofacWebApiDependencyResolver.ApiRequestTag);

cheers,

mark

• Mark Smit 4 posts 85 karma points
    Sep 25, 2015 @ 09:33
    Mark Smit

In the same category it is now (7.2.8, 7.2.6 was fine) required to do this:

container.RegisterType<ContentTreeController>().UsingConstructor();

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft