Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ThimGame 0 posts 20 karma points
    Feb 27, 2015 @ 15:15
    ThimGame

install Umbraco 7.2.2 with Microsoft Web Platform Installer

Hi there, 

I'm trying to install Umbraco using Microsoft Web Platform Installer.My question can i install last release using this tool? 

need this release (7.2.2)

By default with Microsoft Web Platform Installer we can only install release 7.1.8. 

Thank a lot for your Help.

---Happy umbraco New User---

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 27, 2015 @ 15:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi ThimGame and welcome to our :)

Unfortunately the feeds from Microsoft are not always synced when the latest Umbraco release is available. So I'm not sure if the feed provides the latest version.

However you can download 7.2.2 manually and then right click the zip file and choose "Unblock". Next unzip the content of the folder into the location where you want the site to be placed.

Once it's unzipped you can right click on the folder and choose "Open as a website using Microsoft Webmatrix". Then you will see a "Site" tab in the lower left corner. When you click it the link to your IISExpress website appears - When you click the link the Umbraco installation will start.

For additional information you might be able to find more useful information reading this guide on how to install Umbraco using webmatrix - But this will probably not install the latest version. https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-with-microsoft-webmatrix

You can also consider the manual approach if you would like to https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/install-umbraco-manually

Hope this helps! :)

/Jan

Feb 27, 2015 @ 15:40
    ThimGame

Hi Jan, 

Thanks a lot for instant replay; apprecaite. So i drop this tool out, i'll try manual install following your instructions. 

thanks

ThimGame

Feb 27, 2015 @ 18:00
    ThimGame

Jan, 

Finally i opted for NuGet Package installation using Visual Studio ASP.NET project. evry thing work well. 

i'll be back next time if meeting some issue.

thx

Thim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft