Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fredrik 7 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 27, 2015 @ 15:48
    Fredrik

Using puffs in article (beginner)

Hi, 

As it is right now, I have puffs on my "Start" (page?) but I also want it on my subpages (articles), but there is no tab for puffs on those. So my question is; how can I add puffs to an article? 

Also; How do I make the whole puff (or column in the row) a link? What file do I need to edit? 

Thanks! 

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Feb 27, 2015 @ 20:14
    Carlos Mosqueda

@Fredrik, 

What do you mean by puff. I am unfamiliar with this term.  Are you using a Starter Kit, if so which one?  Do you happen to have a screenshot?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 27, 2015 @ 20:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Fredrik and welcome to our :)

Yeah, what is "puffs"? - If you're an editor of an Umbraco site rather than a developer then we need to explain that no Umbraco installation is the same. It's possible to configure and setup Umbraco to the needs of the editors so the backoffice can be tailored to specific needs. So if you can use a certain feature on the "Homepage" but not on a "Textpage" then you need to get in touch with the developer in order to have the option enabled.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Fredrik 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 08, 2015 @ 16:57
    Fredrik

Thanks for your replies, I have a better understanding now.

But do you know how I can find the HTML code for the site? I want to make a small addition in the HTML code on the "home"-page. Goes without saying but I am not the developer of the site. I have used mac terminal and the command grep to find the files that include the HTML code but I can't find anything. Do you have any idea? 

Thanks again! 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 08, 2015 @ 17:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Frederik

It's a bit hard to advice since we don't know anything about your site. No Umbraco site is necessarily build up the same way as it's possible to tailor the content types you're able to create in the bakcoffice and how the code base is structured etc.

So it's hard for us to suggest what you should do and where you should look. But what I can say is that if you have access to the "Settings" section then you can expand the "Template" folder and see the templates where the code might need to be changed. However it's more likely that the code exists in a partial view macro - Then you need to have a look in the "Partial views" folder.

If you're accessing the files on the disk then all of the templates and partial views should be localized in the /views folder. However you should be aware of what you're doing - I will advise that you get in touch with the developer and let him fix the issue for you instead since he knows where to fix it and what impact it has etc. - If there is a local environment and the live environment and you change things on the live environment then things are out of sync and if the developer is asked to make some changes at a later stage he will do it locally and test before deploying the changes to the live site, which will then override the changes you have made...this is just a potential scenario that you should be aware of, which I feel I should mention. But as I said we don't know anything about your solution and the setup etc...so it's guess work.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft