Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Gómez 25 posts 55 karma points
    Feb 28, 2015 @ 06:54
    Carlos Gómez

Macro parameter in a RTE macro

Hello...

I created a partial view macro for a contact form that requires a parameter to choose what e-mail address will be the recipient of the info.  If the parameter says "A" will go to [email protected], if the parameter says "B", it will go to [email protected]

I made a Model for this with its Surface Controller.  The partial view's first line is :

@model IIDH.Models.ContactFormViewModel 

And the parameter is "CountriID" which is a textstring that is completed with the "A" or "B" once it is used in the RTE.

The problem I have is that I am not able to read the parameter in the cshtml Partial, since it is not inheriting from Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroPage

How could I read that parameter?  I will use a HTML.Hidden to send it to the Surface Controller, but first I need to assign the hidden field with the Parameter value entered in the RTE.

Thanks for your help.  

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 28, 2015 @ 07:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Carlos

How have you tried reading the parameter? What code did you use?

/Jan

Feb 28, 2015 @ 17:53
    Carlos Gómez

Hello Jan....

It just doesn't allow me to compile when I use @Model.MacroParameters["CountryID"]...  @Parameter.CountryID... 

In another form that I am using for a Photo Gallery, doesn't need a Model, so it is inhereted from Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroPage, and there I do have access to the Model.MacroParameters collection, but I can not inherit from Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroPage at the same time as using a Model because it shows this error: "The 'inherits' keyword is not allowed when a 'model' keyword is used."

Getting back to what I did:

This is how it appears in the code of the RTE:

<div class="umb-macro-holder mceNonEditable"><!-- <?UMBRACO_MACRO macroAlias="ContactForm" CountryID="CR" /> --> <ins>Macro alias: <strong>ContactForm</strong></ins></div>

And the Partial:

@model IIDH.Models.ContactFormViewModel 

<div class="cform" id="contact-form">

@if(TempData["success"]==null)

{

using(Html.BeginUmbracoForm<IIDH.Controllers.ContactFormSurfaceController>("HandleFormSubmit")){

@Html.Hidden("CountryID","CR")       <=== This is what I want to do with the input parameter value entered in backoffice in the RTE

<div class="form-group">

<label for="name">Nombre completo o nombre de la organización:</label>

@Html.TextBoxFor(m => m.Name, new { @class = "form-control", placeholder = "Nombre completo o de la organización" })

@Html.ValidationMessageFor(m => m.Name)

<br />

</div>

etc. etc. etc.

Mar 01, 2015 @ 19:34
    Carlos Gómez

Friends...  Any idea what I am doing wrong or how to get that parameter value?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft