Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Mar 02, 2015 @ 09:34
    shinsuke nakayama

re-installing Umbraco Forms 7.2.1

Hi guys,

I have just deployed my project to the staging site, using Umbraco 7.2.1. Using default Umbraco Forms.

After the installation the site is working perfectly, except when i try submit the forms, i got following error "Invalid object name 'UFRecords'."

So i looked into my sql server database and i can't seems to find any table starting with "UF...". I can only see the default Umbraco Tables.

I have forms already setup in the Umbraco Forms. I don't know how did this happened but is there any easy way to restore / re-install all the tables? Also where are the forms setting stored? Just curious because i don't have any UF... tables but yet i can still see the forms i have created before.

Thank you

Shinsuke

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2015 @ 09:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shinsuke

Does your local site and the site you're deploying to use the same database? If not then you need to install forms on the staging/live site as well so the tables are created.

You should be able to download the package from here https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-forms

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 02, 2015 @ 10:03
    shinsuke nakayama

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your reply. My local site and the staging site is using different database. We did clean install of Umbraco.

This is what we did:

1. exported all the data type, document type, etc. from dev site to zip file
    2. installed brand new Umbraco 7.2.1.
    3. Imported the zip file
    4. installed Umbraco Form
    5. Populated content.
    6. Updated Umbraco 7.2.2
    7. on the Umbraco forms page, it was displaying "Upgrade Now" button, but it was keep failing
    8. downloaded Umbraco forms from "http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/4.0/UmbracoForms.Files.4.0.1.zip" and replaced all the files
    9. realised the UF tables doesn't exist.

I'm assuming to fix this, i just need to re-install Umbraco forms or populate uf tables in the database. Is there any easy way of doing this?

Mar 02, 2015 @ 10:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shinsuke

Ok, then yes you'll need to install Forms on the server as well.

You should be able export and import forms afterwards.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 02, 2015 @ 10:29
    shinsuke nakayama

Hi Jan,

I have already installed the Umbraco Form, but the tables doesn't exist.

Is there anyway to re-install or setup the table?

Mar 02, 2015 @ 10:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shinsuke

That sounds a bit odd - But I'm thinking that you should be able to make a backup of the UF prefixed tables from your local instance of the database and restore them on your server instance then?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft