Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 12:54
    Simon

Umbraco Web Deploy Error

Hi,

Hope someone will help me solve this out.

I am trying to deploy an umbraco website through VS, via web deploy. I am setting to precompile during publishing and after I preview, an error will stop the deployment pocess, stating that:

Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns:xdt'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

I can't figure out what is the problem..

Anyone has an idea pls?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 14:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

Have you made any customizations to your umbraco installation? Added something in the web.config, or some other configs in the /config/ folder?

I don't know much about using web deploy so not quite sure what it's process is though. But perhaps it's just something simple somewhere else.

What exact version of Umbraco 7 are you using?

/Jan

Mar 03, 2015 @ 14:35
    Simon

Hi Jan,

My Umbraco version is 7.2.1.

There is some customization, for example when I installed Elmah and Glimpse. But it is supposed to affect the web deploy process?

Locally, it is working fine. I tried to deploy to another host, but the same error occur.

any ideas?

Kind Regards

Mar 03, 2015 @ 15:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

Ok, sounds like an issue with using web deploy then. As mentioned I have not really been using that myself so not sure where things can go wrong.

But perhaps you can find some inspiration here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24239781/deploying-an-umbraco-site-using-visual-studio

/Jan

Mar 03, 2015 @ 16:17
    Simon

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your response. But know I have changed for all configurations to Include All Projects in Folder for the web deploy but another error has occured now.

The type or namespace name 'Optimization' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I have optimus package installed but it is working fine. I dont' know if it is related.

Any Idea pls?

Kind Regards

Mar 03, 2015 @ 16:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

Is it possible for you to try and uninstall the optimus package and see if that is the culprit...not sure though but worth trying out I think.

/Jan

Mar 14, 2015 @ 10:54
    Simon

Hi Jan,

I am trying to deploy a website via web deploy, without pre-compilation, but altoghu I have set the umbraco/xslt/web.config file build action to None, the error still persisting that cannot open source.

Also, I have tried to delete the file, also the Install folder one, but when rebuild, the files will be regenerated again, and cannot solve this out. All I can do currently, is to publish locally and then upload via FileZilla.

But, I would like to find a solutions to allow me to deploy via VS directly to the web server.

Any ideas pls?

Kind Regards

Simon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft