Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luc van Soest 5 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 16:39
    Luc van Soest

Save and publish extremely slow with a lot of users (3700+)

For a client we have an Umbraco installation (version 7.1.8) with a lot of Users (3700+) and I don't mean Members, many umbraco developers are often confused by the two.

Everything was fine and functioning fast until I created all the users. Now save and publish of every type of node is painstakingly slow and takes at least serveral minutes which makes the whole system unusable for my client.

Does anyone have experience with a smiliar situation? Any fixes, workarounds, tips&trick?

At the moment I'm in danger of getting in a difficult situation with my client so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thans in advance!

Mar 03, 2015 @ 16:40
    Luc van Soest

I don't have any packages installed and my SMTP server is configured correctly

• mike 90 posts 258 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 17:04
    mike

Have you tried adding a profiler to the project?

It seems Umbraco comes with MiniProfiler.

Here is excerpt from a SO question (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22229666/miniprofiler-and-umbraco):

MiniProfiler is built in to Umbraco v6 and v7. You don't have to manually setup it. All you have to do is to enable debug mode by setting key in AppSettings:

<addkey="umbracoDebugMode"value="true"/>

And load page with ?umbDebug=true query string parameter.

I haven't tried using it yet but will have a play with it when I get time.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12134 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 18:07
    Dave Woestenborghs

Can I ask why you have this insane amount of users. This seems like a lot of editors for one site.

dave

Mar 05, 2015 @ 08:40
    Luc van Soest

All employees off our client should be able to create and edit their own number of pages, hence 3700+ users...

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12134 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Mar 05, 2015 @ 11:54
    Dave Woestenborghs

I think this Umbraco will try to check for each of your 3700 users if they have nofitications set for the edited node.

Maybe it's a better solution to make a front end password protected part of the site where the users can create the content.

• mike 90 posts 258 karma points
    Mar 05, 2015 @ 17:14
    mike

Luc, if you go down the route Dave suggested let me know as I intend to build this functionality at some point to create a mobile friendly content admin.  I'd be happy to pool resources and share code.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft