Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Russell McGinnis 48 posts 183 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 19:55
    Russell McGinnis
    0

    Received an error from server when "Save and Publish"

    Trying to save and publish any content node I get an error stating:

    "

    Received and error from the server 

    Exception details

    :

    "

    Yup, thats a colon there as the stack trace.

    There is nothing in the Umbraco log, but in my event log i see an unhandled exception:

    "

    Event message: An unhandled access exception has occurred. 

    Request information: 

        Request URL: http://dev.sierrarailroad.com/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave ;

    "

    Running a trace at the database level, it seems that the updates are being saved.

    When I try to add an image to a piece of content through the image data type, nothing happens and the image is not added !!!

    Any help tracking this down would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  • Jan Skovgaard 11239 posts 23375 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 21:10
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Russel

    That's weird indeed - Is this happening locally or is it happening on a server you have deployed too? Do you see any error messages in the console log when hitting save and publish? Has it been acting like this all along or when did it start happening? Are you using any 3rd party packages or some custom Umbraco API integration or something that could interrupt the process?

    What exact version of Umbraco 7 are you using? And what version of IIS is being used as well as the database version?

    Looking forward to hearing from ou.

    /Jan

  • Russell McGinnis 48 posts 183 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 21:19
    Russell McGinnis
    0

    Jan, it only started happening yesterday, there was some sort of race condition triggered when I tried to delete a content node, causing the IIS worker process to run at 99% cpu.

    I am running Umbraco 7.2.2 on IIS 8, with SQL Server Express 2014, with the Articulate plugin. Its all running on a dev server at my location.

    I really am not seeing any error messages that contain any detail.

    I will however stop IIS, clean out the Umbraco temporary folders and see if that makes a difference.

     

    Russell

  • Jan Skovgaard 11239 posts 23375 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 21:21
    Jan Skovgaard
    1

    Hi Russel

    Ok, so perhaps the issue could be related to Articulate? Was there anything special about that node? It's unlikely but are you by any chance running out of disk space? Long shot...I know...but I've been surprised before :)

    /Jan

  • Russell McGinnis 48 posts 183 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 21:31
    Russell McGinnis
    0

    Jan, this is now getting into the really wierd realm.

    I have rebooted the server only to find that all my Umbraco installs are doing this. I have a couple of different versions of Umbraco 7 running, some with Articulate and some without, so I am suspecting a database issue as it is the only common component!

    Thanks for your responses

  • Jan Skovgaard 11239 posts 23375 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 21:35
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Russel

    Could seem like it - What database are you using? And could the DB server be running out of space perhaps?

    /Jan

  • Russell McGinnis 48 posts 183 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 21:46
    Russell McGinnis
    101

    Jan, looks like my file structure for the web site "lost" its permissions for the IIS_IUSER group, so once I cleared out the cache and re-set the permissions on the Umbraco files, things cam back.

    Wierd and relieved!

    Thanks for your help though.

    Russell

  • Jan Skovgaard 11239 posts 23375 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 21:56
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Russel

    Aaah, Good to hear you managed to figure out what the issue was - And thanks for sharing! :)

    /Jan

  • Paul Griffiths 315 posts 883 karma points
    Jun 08, 2017 @ 10:57
    Paul Griffiths
    0

    Hi Jan/ Russell

    I'm experiencing this issue but assigning the correct permissions doesn't seem to fix the issue. can i just check that when you say

    'so once I cleared out the cache'

    Do you mean like so http://jondjones.com/learn-umbraco-cms/umbraco-developers-guide/umbraco-caching/how-to-refresh-the-umbraco-cache

    Thanks Paul

  • Paul Griffiths 315 posts 883 karma points
    Jun 08, 2017 @ 11:50
    Paul Griffiths
    0

    Hi Guys,

    Scrap the above my error is related to http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7476

    Thanks Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft