Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 05, 2015 @ 09:00
    Sören Deger

Experience of performance between ContentService and RelationService

Hi all,

I have a general question about the experience of performance between using the ContentService and RelationService.

A concrete use case:
    I have four different repositories in content section and thus so four different content types (document types) in this repositorys. The content section will contains more than 10k content nodes without this repository nodes. The nodes in this repositories must be related each other and must be related with the other nodes in content section. So it's a very complex structure with a lot of cross-relations, which also contains 1: n relationships. I can do this with Content Pickers by using the ContentService or with relations by using the RelationService.

Of course I can for read only using IPublishedContent instead of ContentService.

Are there any experiences like these two approaches (IPublishedContent vs. RelationService) affect the performance? What would you recommend?

Best regards,

Sören

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 06, 2015 @ 16:24
    Sören Deger

Have anyone experiences with this? Otherwise: what is the difference in the theory? I appreciate any opinion :)

Thanks in advance,

Sören

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft