Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 07, 2015 @ 23:11
    Sören Deger

Combine classic MVC Project and Umbraco?

Hello,

a customer have created a complete website as a classic mvc project in visual studio. Now, he will only a few site develop with umbraco. But I have not yet made themselves something like this. Is that even possible? I had already proposed to simply convert the entire web page with all controllers, models and views in Umbraco and rewrite. This, however, he does not want unfortunately. There are only three pages in the site which he will have in umbraco and he will use the umbraco membership on this three pages. 

Does anyone have tips or ideas for me?

Best,

Sören

• mike 90 posts 258 karma points
    Mar 08, 2015 @ 01:50
    mike

Depends on how large the site is.  For just 3 pages I cannot understand why umbraco is needed to provide membership. You can use standard MVC template for it.  Umbraco in my mind is good for creating relationships without having to create your own classes and interfaces (plus all the functions surrounding this).  Not worth using it if you just want membership for 3 pages of an existing site that doesnt use umbraco.

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 08:15
    Sören Deger

Hi Mike,

thanks for your answer! The customer wants now to create the entire website with umbraco. Thus, the problem no longer exists.

Best, 

Sören

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft