Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mots 44 posts 75 karma points
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 12:38
    mots

Examine Management not working

Hello,

I am working with Umbraco 7.2.1 and when I try to go to the Examine Management tab in the Developer section, the screen just says 'Loading...' and nothing happens.

When I open up the developer toolbar for the browser and go to the javascript console, it displays an error saying...

Error: Argument 'Umbraco.Dashboard.ExamineMgmtController' is not a function, got undefined
        at Error (native)
        at cb (http://localhost:57161/umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js:17:114)

Does anyone have any ideas why the Exmaine Management screen is not loading up?

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 12:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi mots

I suspect there is a file missing or perhaps it's a caching issue somehow. Is this happening locally or an a live site?

You can try to clear the browser cache and see if that helps. Otherwise try going to the /config/ClientDependency.config file and increment the version number and then recycle the app pool - Does that help? This should bust the backoffice cache.

/Jan

Mar 09, 2015 @ 12:55
    mots

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your suggestions, I've tried accessing it in a new private browser session (with no cache), and incremented the version number in the ClientDependency file but I'm still getting the same error. This is happening on both my localhost and on a staging site we have deployed to.

Do you have any ideas of which files may be missing that could be causing this issue?

Thanks

Mar 09, 2015 @ 13:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mots

Hmm, ok that's odd - But if I was in your position I would try downloading the zipped version of Umbraco 7.2.1 and then copy over the /bin, /umbraco and /umbraco_client files and see of that helps.

/Jan

Mar 09, 2015 @ 15:11
    mots

Hi Jan,

I tried what you suggested and copied over the /umbraco files from an Umbraco 7.2.1 zipped version into my solution and it works now.

After a bit more investigation it turns out the old files in the Js folder of the /umbraco directory were the ones cousing the error, the new files in the Js folder fixed the problem.

Many thanks for your help!

Mar 09, 2015 @ 16:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mots

Happy that I could help you out :)

Just wondering if it was something that did just happen or if it failed after en upgrade or was it a fresh installation?

/Jan

Mar 09, 2015 @ 16:40
    mots

Hi Jan,

I believe that our current installation was one that was upgraded from a previous version of Umbraco, so theres a chance that maybe something went wrong in the upgrade.

Regards

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft