Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• suzyb 474 posts 932 karma points
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 17:20
    suzyb

Error in IsConvertor of property value convertor

I'm not sure if this error is related to uTwit, Archetype or the site I'm working on but I am getting an Object reference not set to an instance of an object error with uTwit's property value convertor.

Debugging the code it seems that the PublishedPropertyType being passed into IsConvertor is of type Object so it doesn't have he PropertyEditorAlias property which is being checked.

This is the stack trace for the error

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Our.Umbraco.uTwit.Converters.uTwitPropertyValueConverter.IsConverter(PublishedPropertyType propertyType) +81
       System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +155
       System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +519
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +102
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType.InitializeConverters() +216
       Archetype.Extensions.ArchetypePropertyModelExtensions.CreateDummyPropertyType(ArchetypePropertyModel prop) +316
       Archetype.Models.ArchetypePropertyModel.TryConvertWithPropertyValueConverters(Object value, IEnumerable`1 converters) +354
       Archetype.Models.ArchetypePropertyModel.GetValue() +503
       Archetype.Models.ArchetypeFieldsetModel.GetValue(String propertyAlias) +272
       Momenta.Controllers.SocialLinksSurfaceController.Index() in p:\BGNM201_Momenta_Website_230813\solution\Momenta\Controllers\SocialLinksSurfaceController.cs:30
       lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +78
       System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +273
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +38
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33() +119
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() +452
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() +452
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +15
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() +33
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +240
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3() +15
       System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap(Func`1 func) +41
       System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) +1783

As it mentions Archetype I thought the error was some issue between uTwit and Archetype however wih the debug showing object being passed in I am wondering now whether there is an issue with the site itself.

Does anyone know what is causing this object to be passed to IsConvertor and how I can fix it.

• suzyb 474 posts 932 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 11:41
    suzyb

Update: It does seem to be an Archetype issue.  Will re-post in the archetype forum.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft