Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Francielle Castilhos 28 posts 150 karma points
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 20:04
    Francielle Castilhos

Error 500 - SavePartialViewMacro

Hi guys,

I was using a VS Solution with Umbraco 7.2.1, suddenly, while using Umbraco's backoffice to save some Partial View files I could see that nothing was happening when clicking "Save". I then updated the version to Umbraco 7.2.2 and it started working again, but today I'm getting the same error as before. Using Developers Tools console I can see the following message: - http://localhost:59994/umbraco/RestServices/SaveFile/SavePartialViewMacro Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Any ideas why this is happening?

Regards.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 20:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Francielle

Not quite sure why this happens - Are you editing the partials exclusively from the backoffice? Or are you using external editors like sublime text or visual studio for instance?

How did you do the upgrade?

/Jan

Mar 09, 2015 @ 21:04
    Francielle Castilhos

Hi Jan,

i'm doing it exclusively through the backoffice, but my colleague is using VS. I did the update copying the folders bin, umbraco_client and umbraco to my solution, then running the DB update.

I tried saving a partial using Firefox and got this error on console:

TypeError: this.mainWindow(...).UmbClientMgr.openModalWindowForContent is undefined UmbracoClientManager.js:208:24

I can use VS to edit the partials, but as I'm adding some Umbraco fields it is easier doing it through the backoffice.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 21:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Francielle

Ok...Are you both working on a local instance of Umbraco or are you sometimes working on the server? Seems like some files might be missing - Are you using some kind of version control system like git or mercurial?

/Jan

Mar 09, 2015 @ 21:18
    Francielle Castilhos

We are both using Source Control as our version control. I'm changing files through the backoffice (but running a local instance through VS), while my colleague is editing the files on VS (instead of backoffice).

Anyway, I copied bin, umbraco_client and umbraco again to my solution and it worked. I think we can close this one, will re-open it if the problem happens again.

Thanks for the help, Jan!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft